We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time to cambodia

Mirfield, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
first time to cambodia

we are hoping to visit Cambodia and would like to find a small coastal town with a nice beach that is not too busy, but with some decent accommodation and restaurants. Can anyone recommend anywhere that would suit two 65 year old people?

8 replies to this topic
sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,662 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time to cambodia

When? - coastal Cambodia in the wet season isn't always very pleasant

Mirfield, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: first time to cambodia

We will be travelling in early march

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
23,172 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time to cambodia

Honestly AARELI, I think you’d be better looking at Thailand for what you’ve described you’d like. Although there are a couple of places which may just scrape in to suit you, Cambodia really is not much of a beach destination sort of country.

I love the country for the people, the food and the very rich history but wouldn’t search out a beach there, but that’s just me.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first time to cambodia

Perhaps consider Kep in the south-west. Very quiet during weekdays, daytrippers at weekends.

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
6,807 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first time to cambodia

Kep would be my choice. It is very spread out but there is a range of accommodation to suit all budgets. Good if you can rent a motorbike or bicycles.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
23,172 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first time to cambodia

AARELI, you’ve had a couple of responses suggesting Kep. Before committing to any reasonably lengthy stay there you’d be best to check it out for a couple of nights. It’s the sort of place which some people very much like and others very much dislike. Personally i’m In the latter group but thank goodness we’re all different.

Mirfield, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: first time to cambodia

Thank you all for the feedback, I think we will try kep for a couple of nights as suggested

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
23,172 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: first time to cambodia

Fair enough. However, you’d be best to avoid weekends as it can become quite chaotic at that time as many locals come from Phonm Penh for the break.

Reply to: first time to cambodia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted