We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

return flight from cambodia... need to different visas--

12 posts
Save Topic
return flight from cambodia... need to different visas--

Hi there

Im planning on going to cambodia and thailand. i want to buy my return flight ticket via cambodia. I know i need a visa to enter Cambodia but i read is 30 days and only one entry. My plan is to arrive in siem reap - then go to thailand then return to cambodia just to take my flight back

So my questions are:

.. can i apply for a second cambodia visa to enter again even if the previous one hasnt expire?

or can i go out and go back if im within the 30 days?

-If i get a second e-visa whilst in thailand-- how many days do i have to wait for a response?

anything will be helpfull!

Thanks!

12 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15,157 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: return flight from cambodia... need to different visas--

Hello Mariana G

The facts of the matter are that any KH Tourist Visa granted to you will be cancelled on exiting Cambodia and is of no further use to you.

You will just have to apply for another KH tourist visa on your return if you need to exit the air side of the airport in order to check in for your flight. You simply just get a visa on arrival and depart on the same day which permissible at PNH but NOT permitted at REP airport.

Best regards. Ian/Angkorlad

12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: return flight from cambodia... need to different visas--

aaaa dang it.... i am just planning on going to angkor wat -- then straight to thailand... and wanted to go back to siem reap to take the flight....

do u have any other suggestions on how to arrange this visa thing via REP airport??

highly appreciated.

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
6,828 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: return flight from cambodia... need to different visas--

Where are you from as some nationalities can get a visa on arrival at SR airport , which is very starightforward

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15,157 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: return flight from cambodia... need to different visas--

Hello Mariana G

As already stated, the moment you exit Cambodia your KH visa is stamped "USED" and is of no further use to you.

Unless all of your flights are on the one ticket and you are truly in transit then you will have to pass through KH immigration control on arrival with a KH visa before you can claim your bag/s and then proceed to a different part of the terminal to check in for your subsequent flight and get your boarding pass for that flight and then pass through airport security and walk to your flight boarding gate area.

Getting another KH visa on arrival is simplicity itself as no limits to how many times you can come and go as a tourist. KH does not have a multiple entry Tourist visa. Only other visa categories with months or more residency have the multiple entry.

Just see here:

Visa on Arrival and Passport Requirements 2017/2018

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g29…

Best regards. Ian/Angkorlad

Edited: 13 May 2018, 14:19
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15,157 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: return flight from cambodia... need to different visas--

This should read:

Only other visa categories with months or more residency have the multiple entry.

- - with six (6) months or more - -

Ian/Angkorlad

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,668 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: return flight from cambodia... need to different visas--

If you have not bought your ticket (and your OP suggests you haven't) fly into SR - visit the temples and THEN go to Thailand - fly home from Thailand - single entry to Cambodia - problem solved

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
13,033 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: return flight from cambodia... need to different visas--

Why do you want to return to Cambodia just to fly home ?

Just fly back from Thailand

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
9,257 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: return flight from cambodia... need to different visas--

<<Where are you from as some nationalities can get a visa on arrival at SR airport>>

At the moment all nationalities qualify for visa on arrival...

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
23,183 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: return flight from cambodia... need to different visas--

Hi Mariana

You plan is very awkward. Flying back and forth between both countries is completely unnecessary. It would be expensive and time consuming. You can either fly into Siem Reap, spend some time there then fly into Bangkok and return home from there or do it the other way around.

You haven’t mentioned your country of origin so I can’t comment on your visa requirements for Thailand, but each time you enter Cambodia, you’ll need to pay the VOA of $30USD.

12 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: return flight from cambodia... need to different visas--

the ticket is double price if i fly from thailand. that is why i need to get back to cambodia. Return ticket is waaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than single ones.. im from mexico.. distances are long

Reply to: return flight from cambodia... need to different visas--
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted