We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cambodia + Beaches Itinerary June help

Swan Hill, Australia
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cambodia + Beaches Itinerary June help

Hi all.

I have 3 weeks off in June with my partner and was planning on going to Cambodia for 2-2.5 of them

Originally I had planned, fly to Phnom Penh, travel to battambang via bus for 1-2 nights then bus to Siem Reap for 3-4 nights, fly to Sihanoukville then maybe ferry to Koh Rong for a few days then bus back to Phnom Penh to stay a few nights before flying out.

I know its monsoon season in June so was wondering if it would be better to just cover Phnom Penh, Siem Reap then go to either Thailand or Vietnam for a beach break.

Would love to experience a new country but also need a bit of a beach break

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've hit a wall with my research and ideas - trying to keep within a reasonable budget ($1000-$2000pp with flights from Melbourne and hotels).

I have been to Phuket and Bali before so not interested in just doing one of those as a solo trip

2 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
23,159 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cambodia + Beaches Itinerary June help

The first part of your plan looks good. A couple of nights in Phonm Penh to acclimatise and find your feet, a couple of nights in Battambang and then about 4 nights in Siem Reap. You could then fly to Thailand from there which would be a better option for your beach break.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cambodia + Beaches Itinerary June help

Cambodia isn't effected greatly by monsoon season. Just an hour or two of rain a day, maybe the occassional storm, but nothing too bad. I definitely wouldn't skip the islands because of it. I personally like them better during that time.

Reply to: Cambodia + Beaches Itinerary June help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted