We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

siem reap to stung treng

Oraison, France
Level Contributor
541 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
siem reap to stung treng

hello

from siem reap , is there a bus or minivan service to stung treng north east direction ??? avoiding passing by kompong cham kratie etc

if yes time approx for this trip and quality of the road , do-able or windy and uncomfortable road ??

thank you

4 replies to this topic
puerto princesa
Level Contributor
5,894 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: siem reap to stung treng

Yes, i took the minibus last year on the new northern route. It stopped for one break and i believe it took about 5 hours (or maybe 6) and cost $14. There are many agencies in SR or even your hotel that can arrange the tickets.

I hope you get a better driver than us because half the time he had his phone to his ear or was texting, our worst ride in Cambodia. In Stung Treng not too many people speak English but we enjoyed wandering by the river and through the market.

Mentioned in this post
Stung Treng
Stung Treng
Stung Treng Province, Cambodia
Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: siem reap to stung treng

Try this: http://www.asiavantransfer.com/

Have fun

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: siem reap to stung treng

A mate has just done it, SR into Laos, 7hr i think he said. Same company on the way back, 14hr.. I don't know the name of the company, agents will in sr.

Mentioned in this post
Laos
Laos
Asia
Oraison, France
Level Contributor
541 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: siem reap to stung treng

hello all

to #1 I think stung treng is just a stopover for us. I hope finding quickly a vehicle for ban lung when we arrive at stung treng bus station

"Palawanismyhome" ,travelling since 10 years in Asia, I know what you mean about the minivan drivers ... it's a bet on security but on this new road there are no big bus , so, once again we ll make a try

Reply to: siem reap to stung treng
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted