Hello. I am a US citizen planning a trip to Dhaka in March, and would like to request some help with some questions regarding the airport layout, the time of my arrival at the airport, visa questions, and how to coordinate meeting my guide and the shuttle that the hotel will provide. There are several websites for the airport in Dhaka, but the information contained in them is cursory and unsure which of them are official/non-official. Any help on the below would be much appreciated:
1. From what I can tell as an international arrival, I would exit the airport on the bottom floor of terminal 2, correct?
3. It appears from the pictures I have seen that, directly in front of terminal 2, there is a rectangular shaped parking lot of about 5-6 rows deep, bordered by a low wall painted in black and white vertical stripes. I believe the first row is separated from the rest by another low wall in black and white. Is this where the hotel shuttle would park while they wait for me to exit the terminal?
3. I have read on some websites that I may not require a visa for a stay of <15 days. I will be in Dhaka for only four days. Is this information correct, or should I expect to request VOA?
Time of Arrival--I will be arriving on a Sunday at 8:15 PM
4. If needed, will there be any issues with obtaining a visa on arrival at this hour of the evening?
5. Is currency exchange available at this time?
6. I hear there can be long lines at the airport during peak hours. Will arriving at that time spare me some of the waiting in queues and will traffic be lighter at that point in time? (The hotel is less than 1 mile away from the airport)
Coordinating with my guide and the shuttle to the hotel
7. I understand my guide will not be allowed to enter the airport and will have to wait outside?
8. I would like to get a message to my guide that I have arrived and apprise him of any delays, online via whatsapp, but I will need internet access to make the contact. Is wifi available, reliable and easy to access at the airport?
9. If #8 fails, is there any access to a telephone in the airport?
Thanks for your help, and if you have any other advice or knowledge of any other issues I should be prepared for, for this my first major international trip, your insights are much appreciated.