We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dhaka Airport and Visa Questions

Tampa, Florida
2 posts
Save Topic
Dhaka Airport and Visa Questions

Hello. I am a US citizen planning a trip to Dhaka in March, and would like to request some help with some questions regarding the airport layout, the time of my arrival at the airport, visa questions, and how to coordinate meeting my guide and the shuttle that the hotel will provide. There are several websites for the airport in Dhaka, but the information contained in them is cursory and unsure which of them are official/non-official. Any help on the below would be much appreciated:

Airport Layout

1. From what I can tell as an international arrival, I would exit the airport on the bottom floor of terminal 2, correct?

3. It appears from the pictures I have seen that, directly in front of terminal 2, there is a rectangular shaped parking lot of about 5-6 rows deep, bordered by a low wall painted in black and white vertical stripes. I believe the first row is separated from the rest by another low wall in black and white. Is this where the hotel shuttle would park while they wait for me to exit the terminal?

Visa question

3. I have read on some websites that I may not require a visa for a stay of <15 days. I will be in Dhaka for only four days. Is this information correct, or should I expect to request VOA?

Time of Arrival--I will be arriving on a Sunday at 8:15 PM

4. If needed, will there be any issues with obtaining a visa on arrival at this hour of the evening?

5. Is currency exchange available at this time?

6. I hear there can be long lines at the airport during peak hours. Will arriving at that time spare me some of the waiting in queues and will traffic be lighter at that point in time? (The hotel is less than 1 mile away from the airport)

Coordinating with my guide and the shuttle to the hotel

7. I understand my guide will not be allowed to enter the airport and will have to wait outside?

8. I would like to get a message to my guide that I have arrived and apprise him of any delays, online via whatsapp, but I will need internet access to make the contact. Is wifi available, reliable and easy to access at the airport?

9. If #8 fails, is there any access to a telephone in the airport?

Thanks for your help, and if you have any other advice or knowledge of any other issues I should be prepared for, for this my first major international trip, your insights are much appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Lakeshore Banani
Lakeshore Banani
#1 of 84 hotels in Dhaka City
The Westin Dhaka
The Westin Dhaka
#2 of 84 hotels in Dhaka City
Lakeshore Hotel & Apartments
Lakeshore Hotel & Apartments
#5 of 84 hotels in Dhaka City
16 replies to this topic
Hong Kong, China
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Dhaka Airport and Visa Questions

does the shop open 24 hours for the sim cards?

12. Re: Dhaka Airport and Visa Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2018, 02:14

Dhaka Division...
3 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Dhaka Airport and Visa Questions

If you booking any hotel, it is easy for you. they pick you from airport. they can arrange everything,

4 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Dhaka Airport and Visa Questions

You don't need a Visa. And U can easily exchange ur USD from Airport.

4 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Dhaka Airport and Visa Questions

If you want get access to the Internet please buy Gp sim card first as a traveler.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Dhaka Airport and Visa Questions

Thank you for your very clear replies, i have visited 2 times now on business, and like you say, people are very friendly, willing to help Tourists find their way, your information is very clear also, thank you once again for taking the time to reply, it also helps us all!

Reply to: Dhaka Airport and Visa Questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dhaka City