We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it possible India and Nepal tour by Road ?

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Is it possible India and Nepal tour by Road ?

I'm Bangladeshi but I want to visit India and Nepal by road we are four persons. Is it Possible plz help me. A tour operator told me If I visit Nepal from India by road next time I'll not get visa is it right?

Mentioned in this post
29 replies to this topic
1 post
Save Reply
21. Re: Is it possible India and Nepal tour by Road ?

thanks for your infomation. if I go nepal by road but when i back to India from Nepal by road is it possible ??because my visa permited only to entry India by road Horidaspur or by air

Mentioned in this post
Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
13,692 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Is it possible India and Nepal tour by Road ?

Hi Alamgir

It would seem from what you say that India would not let you cross the land border from Nepal. I would seek clarification form the Indian authorities.

Best of luck.

scoodly

Mentioned in this post
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Is it possible India and Nepal tour by Road ?

Which land crossing do you use to enter North Bengal? Is Burimari the only border crossing to enter India from Bangladesh?

How about Dinajpur?

Mentioned in this post
1 post
Save Reply
24. Re: Is it possible India and Nepal tour by Road ?

I'm from Bangladesh.I want to travel India first. I want to stay few days there. Then i want to go to Nepal by road. Do i need to take an Indian transit visa or Tourist visa will work for me? And will i get Nepalese visa on arrival if i travel Nepal by road?

Mentioned in this post
Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
13,692 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Is it possible India and Nepal tour by Road ?

Hi

You will be able to get a visa on arrival at the Nepal border.

I think transit visas allow 3 days in the country - is that enough for you? If not you will need a tourist visa. What are your plans for the return?

scoodly

1 post
Save Reply
26. Re: Is it possible India and Nepal tour by Road ?

I'm Bangladeshi,recently I got india tourist visa for 1year,now I want to go india to nepal by road,can I got nepal visa from india..? and how can I got it,please tell me

1 post
Save Reply
27. Re: Is it possible India and Nepal tour by Road ?

age jaw jeto akhon indian port dei na..

Sylhet City...
1 post
Save Reply
28. Re: Is it possible India and Nepal tour by Road ?

I have multiple Indian tourist visa. I would like to travel together in India and Nepal, Now I will be able to enter Nepal by road India. In this case, there is any problem in passing the border of both the countries.

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
368 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Is it possible India and Nepal tour by Road ?

Re post 26 & 28 - You'll need a transit visa. Indian multiple entry visa requires you to entry and exit via same Indian land port. For example if you enter India via Dawki then you'll have to exit through Dawki, Inidan immigration may not allow you to exit through Panitanki – Kakarbhitta.

Edited: 14 April 2018, 06:12
Mentioned in this post
Reply to: Is it possible India and Nepal tour by Road ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bangladesh