We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Online Application Bangladesh Visa for Malaysian

1 post
Save Topic
Online Application Bangladesh Visa for Malaysian

Hi. I am applying for an online application for Bangladesh Visa. FM, ICP and Visa Cell. What do they mean? Thanks.

7 replies to this topic
Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
158 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Online Application Bangladesh Visa for Malaysian

Hello Tini B,

In Bangladesh you will get a visa on arrival (VOA) if you arrive by air with a Malaysian passport. The visa on arrival fee is €51 (Euro) or US $51 with all taxes included. This visa on arrival is only for a stay of 15 or 30 days for tourists and business travelers, provided the visa seeker has a return air ticket and at least €500 (Euro) or US $500 in cash with him/her. Look for the "Visa on Arrival" counter before the immigration counter at the airport. In addition to Shah Jalal International Airport in Dhaka, the visa on arrival is also available at Shah Amanat International Airport in Chittagong and Osmani International Airport in Sylhet. This means that you don't necessarily have to arrive in Dhaka first. Just remember to have the exact change or the exact amount of €51 (Euro) or US $51. Otherwise your change will be given to you in local currency.

Please note that this visa or permit is for tourism and business purposes only! The Bangladeshi visa on arrival is a privilege. It is not a right. The issuance of a visa on arrival is at the sole discretion of the immigration official at the Bangladeshi port of entry. Usually, it helps to have a Letter of Invitation from your hotel or tour operator in Bangladesh. If the purpose of the visit is to work; carry out research; journalism; or any other reason, visit

https://www.visa.gov.bd

Then go to your nearest Bangladeshi High Commission or Embassy or Consulate General or visa office and obtain a visa at least two weeks before your intended travel date. Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Petaling Jaya...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Online Application Bangladesh Visa for Malaysian

May i know what are the documents I need to prepare for Visa On Arrival application?

Level Contributor
383 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Online Application Bangladesh Visa for Malaysian

VOA seekers should check the following prior to departure for Bangladesh:

1. Fees to be paid at the port of entry in cash in USD/Euro/Pound Sterling (Usually 51 USD)

2. Minimum USD 500 in cash or in credit card (Except those on government duty)

3. Return ticket for short time stay

4. Valid passports with 06 months validity (Holders of Certificate/Laissiez-passer issued by the United Nations and its Specilalized Agencies and Continuous Discharge Certificate/Nullies/Seaman book (when traveling on duty) are exempted from this.)

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Online Application Bangladesh Visa for Malaysian

Referring to your previous post...meaning that we no need to apply visa earlier at Bangladesh High Comm office right.? I just go around 3 days..for tourist

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Online Application Bangladesh Visa for Malaysian

Hello there i am Malaysian want to apply visa to 6 month visa to bangladesh

3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Online Application Bangladesh Visa for Malaysian

I am working as a tour operator in Dhaka and I have some clients from Malaysia. As I know by my clients that you have to go to the embassy for visa application and other processes. But before that you need a invitation letter from here.

Regards

Robin

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Online Application Bangladesh Visa for Malaysian

Before Apply that you need a invitation letter from here.

Reply to: Online Application Bangladesh Visa for Malaysian
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bangladesh