We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Egret sanctuary and crocodile farm

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Great Harwood...
Level Contributor
97 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
Egret sanctuary and crocodile farm

Hi, I found a post on here ages ago making reference to an Egret sanctuary or maybe a stork sanctuary, apparently it is near to a crocodile park. Has anyone been? If so, could you give me a bit more info so I could book a trip there?

Thanks in advance

Pennsylvania, USA
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Egret sanctuary and crocodile farm

I believe there are several stork sanctuaries in the Mekong, but its seasonal as they overwinter there and then migrate to northern areas for the summer. Not sure abut a crocodile park, but we went to a stork sanctuary in Feb. outside Chau Duc.

Great Harwood...
Level Contributor
97 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Egret sanctuary and crocodile farm

Ah maybe it was around there, but maybe it's a different one because there was a crocodile park next to it.

I will try and find it, because apparently the birds roost around 4pm each evening, so I remember thinking we could do the crocodile park and move on to the egret sanctuary for the 4pm spectacle. Didn't realise it was seasonal though, so need to check my facts. Thanks

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Egret sanctuary and crocodile farm

You can visit The stork Sanctuary in Thot not and combine with Crocodiles farm in Long Xueyn that you normally do the trip from Can Tho to Chau Doc and these two places are in between.

Come&GoVietNam Team

Saigon
Level Contributor
2,529 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Egret sanctuary and crocodile farm

the only way to see both is to get to long Xuyen and Banglang stork garden in mekong delta

Cheers

5. Re: Egret sanctuary and crocodile farm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2013, 05:16