We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food and beer

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
food and beer

hi all ,my hubby and i are hoping to go to vietnam in jan 2013.were looking at ho chi minh city.can anybody tell me about the food and beer on offer tips trips and prices.we have only decided today so any replies would be much appreciated.as we will have to budget many thanks sandy

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
444 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: food and beer

Thung = box

lon = can

http://www.vatgia.com/671/bia.html

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: food and beer

thanks for that 67 its made me thirsty cheers

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
444 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: food and beer

Hi Sandy,

It's just an impression what you can get in Vietnam. But not all beer can be ordered in the restaurants. By the time you are there, the prices can be higher.

For food, there are plenty recommendations here in TA. Just put the word "food" in the search box.

I like Red Saigon , hanoi and huda beer. They are not expensive and good enough. And for food...street food is the best in Vn.

Edited: 03 April 2012, 06:17
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: food and beer

Jan 2013: expect everything to have prices about 15-20% above today's.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,659 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: food and beer

Cheap as chips so I wouldnt worry about prices for grog and grub too much. :)

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
485 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: food and beer

my favourite beer in VN is 333 which is made from rice and tastes good and you can knock em over really easy. In street side vendors or small convenience shops, as at a year ago, sold for 8000 to 15000 dong each. (35 to 75 cents each)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: food and beer

Thanks for all replies cant wait to go any info on tours would be great or any other good things to do while there cheers sandy

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: food and beer

thanks everyone any info on trips or any other fun things to do would be good cheers sandy

9. Re: food and beer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 12:15