We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of Food

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manila, Philippines
1 post
Save Topic
Cost of Food

What is the range of prices for food per meal in HCMC?

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of Food

Oh, I think it depends on your meal.

From streeet food to the meal in restaurant (small restaurant - big, famous restaurant).

Price for 1 meal at street is about 25000 VND (1.3 US dollars).

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of Food

$1-$200. Vague question, vague answer! Seriously you can eat for as little as a dollar, though I wouldn't recommend it, or you can go mega high end and pay big bucks.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,290 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of Food

Bit vague but backpacker land........ 'tourist' breakfast around 70k vnd ($3.5), dinner 100k vnd ($5). 5 star Hotels $40 - ........ to whatever. Street food (anywhere where a lot of Vietnamese sit and eat) 20k to 25k vnd.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of Food

As mentioned, you can get meals for $1, but don't expect the nutrition value to be high. It will taste though.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
314 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of Food

Our family of four ate one main meal each plus soft drinks for generally about 300,000 dong all up - very cheap

Saigon
Level Contributor
2,522 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of Food

Live Lobster will cost you more than US$100 per kg. unbelievable!!!

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,575 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of Food

It is outragous for lobster. In Nha Trang it is 75 dollars a kilo.

Large seafood dinner - 10 US

Stirfry 1.50

Most meat dishes 2.50

Porkchop w vegie on rice 1.25

Pho, Bo Kho, or other soups 1.00

Double those prices in the tourist areas

Owee

www.owee58.com

Canada
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost of Food

With those kind of prices for lobster, no wonder tourists are staying away from Vietnam.

Saigon
Level Contributor
2,522 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cost of Food

Thanks for your statement Owee.

I walked along Tran Phu st and found some dead lobster on cook cost US$30 per Kg. It was not fresh though, then other day I treated myself to go Nhatrang Seafood restaurant on Nguyen Thi Minh Khai st and looked the menu that reads 2.200.000vnd (US$110) per kg. I decided to walk away and ended up at famous Lac Canh grilled beef restaurant. They cooked right on your table and really yummy.

My menu: Lac Canh beef, fried rice with garlic, 4 black tiger prawns (no Lobster) 02 Heineken beers. All cost around US$20 and i love their beef the best! sound like really big meal for me.

when I was at Muine and went to Cay Bang, really famous local restaurant and looked at the menu with US$ 110 for Lobster even it is not fancy restaurant. OMG!

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cost of Food

For what it is worth I stay away from Nhatrang Seafood restaurant. It was a nice place 12-15 years ago.