We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mai linh taxi

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
mai linh taxi

Hi, would like to know if Mai Linh Taxi have a desk at Saigon airport?. Cheers.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: mai linh taxi

Yes, the taxi desk is INSIDE the terminal.

It's just right after you clear customs but before you exit the terminal, the taxi booth/desk is on the extreme right. Along side those travel agencies and money changers.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: mai linh taxi

Okay. I think I see now.

There is a "taxi desk" inside the airport terminal, and a "taxi stand" outside the airport terminal.

Correct?

Singapore
13 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: mai linh taxi

Yup correct, it's inside the terminal

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,444 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: mai linh taxi

Well on this subject I am at a complete loss. I looked at the whole length of stands inside the terminal this morning and found nothing under the name of Mai Linh. So i walked over to Bus stand and took the 152 bus into Dist 1. at the cost of 4000dong. It meant having to walk back from Ben Thanh terminus to my hotel but if you're on a budget and worried about taxi scams then thats the way to go. Mind you at the peak of summer I may not do it again, and boy does the clutch on that bus need attention!

Cheers Ross

Singapore
13 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: mai linh taxi

That is strange. i just use it last month when i came HCM. it is the extreme last stand on the right.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,444 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: mai linh taxi

tongwk there were some stands closed so maybe they only open in the peak arrival times. I was there at 8.30am.

Cheers Ross

hanoi
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: mai linh taxi

your are right mate

Mai Linh taxi does not have desk inside airport but out side is alot available, Mai Linhs is big taxi company in Vietnam, but still to have to watch out scamp taxi, some fleeding taxi pretent to be the real and rob tourists money off, my Viet Vision Travel tour guide told me have to be careful, they camouflage same color, same phone number, when you hop on taxi better ask how much and yes it cost around 150,000 VND and should keep your eyes on metter sometime, if it go up too fast it mean not trustable

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: mai linh taxi

Ross,

I don't understand why the clutch might need fixing. Don't Vietnamese drivers always use the correct gears when driving through town? They wouldn't, by any chance, be in 5th gear while traveling 10kph would they?

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,444 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: mai linh taxi

Ha Ha Steve. I think that bus will be down to one gear pretty soon.

On the same subject I had the slowest trip to Mui Ne to-day on Tam Hahn not because of traffic, the bus actually travelled extremely slow and safe ! Has someone up there been cracking whips ? Perhaps the ripples from HaLong Bay have reached here.

I do wonder at the practice I've noticed of speeding up and using neutral to glide along. Is there some logic in that ?

Cheers Ross

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,335 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: mai linh taxi

SteveMuiNe_Vi...

Don't Vietnamese drivers always use the correct gears when driving through town? They wouldn't, by any chance, be in 5th gear while traveling 10kph would they?

--------------

Even Xe Om's have started doing it. Must be the cost of fuel going up. Oh for a snatch free ride! What with the aircon being turned off a lot, what is the country coming to.