We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanoi Kids

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
189 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hanoi Kids

Do I need to pre book Hanoi Kids before I leave Aus.

Would love to do a half day tour with them but not quite sure of the date at this stage. Will be in Hanoi mid July

Any tips on how to get across the streets would be great !

Chris545

Tweed Valley...
Level Contributor
24 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanoi Kids

We left booking until we were in Hanoi and unfortunately missed out, so it might be a good idea to get in touch beforehand.

As far as crossing the road goes, just walk at a steady pace and don't stop. The traffic will go around you. It is a little daunting at first.

Safe Travelling

Greg

Stamford...
Level Contributor
135 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanoi Kids

I booked ahead of time for July already. Not sure if that means anything but it sounds so great, I am sure you don't want to miss out!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hanoi Kids

Hi Chris. Somebody put up a link from u tube showing you how to cross the roads. It definately helps to watch this. It was some time in April, so try googling it in the search box above where it says "Hanoi forum". I cant remember which forum in Vietnam, I saw the link.

With the major roads, we waited till some locals were getting ready to cross them and we just walked along side of them. No one complained, as they understood why we were doing this.

I booked Hanoi Kids with the dates that we would be in Hanoi for. I later emailed them again with the exact date. Try to avoid Friday and Mondays as a few sites are closed on these days. I first contacted them about 3 weeks before we got to Hanoi.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hanoi Kids

There's not many of them so if you don't book a few months ahead they'll be booked up.

Hanapepe, Hawaii
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hanoi Kids

We are wrapping up our stay in Hanoi this morning. Over the past week we had two, half-day tours with different Hanoi Kids students. They were awesome guides and ambassadors for their city. Please make sure you try to book them as far in advance as possible.

In regards to street crossing, it is not as bad as you may expect. If is extra heavy traffic, "waiting to cross alongside a local" is an excellent option.

New York
Level Contributor
108 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hanoi Kids

they want a week prior notice to set up the appointment.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hanoi Kids

It's always subject to availability!! We booked a couple of months prior so not to miss out. I wouldn't count on a week being enough time if it's something you really want to do.

Anglesey Wales
Level Contributor
183 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hanoi Kids

We booked our trip with the Hanoikids also a couple of months before going.

Once you have crossed the streets it will get easier just dont stop, the traffic does seem go around you. Enjoy your trip

Brisbane
Level Contributor
73 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hanoi Kids

You should walk with care and put your faith in those fantastic Vietnamese drivers who despite their erratic driving are considerate, helpful and great drivers. During our recent 3 weeks stay we saw one accident. And we were in the taxi that brushed against a motorbike whose driver smiled and drove on.

Have faith, and fun.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
84 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hanoi Kids

Can some one please help me with booking process have sent an email to what I thought was the correct place, but not sure from their response