We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it possible to buy walking shoes in Hanoi or Sapa

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Is it possible to buy walking shoes in Hanoi or Sapa

Hi

Is it possible to buy walking shoes or trainer,s size 44 in Hanoi or Sapa I don,t want to outlay to much cash as I will only need them for a couple of day,s

Pennsylvania, USA
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it possible to buy walking shoes in Hanoi or Sapa

Yes, there are plenty of fake brands available. My husband bought a pair of Keens on Hang Be two weeks ago which he's worn every day and they are still going strong, which I am very surprised by.

You will find lots of shoe stored along Hang Dau. Although the shop keeper will swear to you its a real Nike or Keen or whatever, I seriously doubt it.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it possible to buy walking shoes in Hanoi or Sapa

You can buy shoes in Hang Dau street in Hanoi old quarter or some other as: night Market, Dong Xuan Market ... In sapa town also can buy shoes, but not many choice as in Hanoi. goodluck

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it possible to buy walking shoes in Hanoi or Sapa

In Sapa there are several North Face shops that sell Keens and Gortex shoes. I bought a pair of the latter that are still like new some 8 months down the track, and very comfortable. My wife bought a pair of keen sandals, same style as I'd bought back in Oz before our trip, just different colour. I know that most people would consider these fakes, but I can't see any difference in quality and materials between her pair and mine. Just hers were less than a third of the price I paid for mine.

South Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it possible to buy walking shoes in Hanoi or Sapa

I did not want to take my own trainers with me on holiday so I bought a pair of size 39 in a shop in the market area of Sapa for 320,000 VND when we were there 18 months ago. No problems with the comfort of them, they handled well in the mud(!) and just left them at the Hotel in Hanoi when we left (A$17 well spent in my opinion). I do not think you will have any problems in finding an acceptable looking size 44.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it possible to buy walking shoes in Hanoi or Sapa

I have had problems finding size 44 in HCMC. I don't imagine that Ha Noi would be any easier. You might have to go to a department store. In terms of price, there is probably not a lot to be saved.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it possible to buy walking shoes in Hanoi or Sapa

There's not many people in vietnam who will have such big feet so you may not find it easy to find that size.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
192 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it possible to buy walking shoes in Hanoi or Sapa

there are a lot shoe shops on Hang Dau street, but you should negotiate price. and these are just fake one.

Hanoi
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it possible to buy walking shoes in Hanoi or Sapa

There are many fake northface in Sapa, but not in Hanoi! Vietnam is paradise of shop, they are in everywhere, you can buy everything, if any broken, they can fix up well

london, uk
Level Contributor
31 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is it possible to buy walking shoes in Hanoi or Sapa

You don't have to buy fakes.

Toread Outoor Sports on 50 Nguyen Huu Huan in the old quarter sells Toread brand clothing and footwear. It's pricey but very high quality indeed - they are a rare thing - high quality chinese brand, and they have alot of Gortex products.

You could also try Umove which is a hiking / travelling accessories shop with 2 branches in Hanoi, this place does have some fake brands, but it also has a nice selection of other hiking accessories.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
414 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is it possible to buy walking shoes in Hanoi or Sapa

RE; the big size. I bought a pair of Adidas skate shoes for my son who is a size 14/15 in Australia, so yes, you can get the larger sizes.