We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice for a junk tour in Ha Long bay

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Topic
Need advice for a junk tour in Ha Long bay

Hello!

I was wondering if you can recommend a tour operator in Ha Long Bay. My husband and I are looking for luxurious/romantic 3 or 2 day tour. There are so many reviews/options - its hard to choose.

Thank you, in advance, for recommendations.

Halong Bay, Vietnam
Level Contributor
210 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice for a junk tour in Ha Long bay

Hi Yuliyaks,

If you are looking for a luxurious cruise in Halong Bay, I would recommend you to check the Bhaya cruises, Indochina Sails with the Valentine, Paradise Cruise and also the Violet. I think of of these cruises will meet your requirements!

For the bookings, most of the hotels and also agents in Hanoi can book for you. Because the tour starts and finish at Hanoi so it is often booked from Hanoi agent and tour operators!

Hope this helps!

Darian

http://www.darianculbert.com

Maitland, Australia
Level Contributor
421 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice for a junk tour in Ha Long bay

I'm booked with Indochina Sails in early October 2011 - will post details for you once we've done the trip. It looks lovely from their website, there are some good informative posts about it on TA and they were very easy to deal with and book with directly via their website. If you click on the link on my post it will take you to some reviews.

Edited: 12 September 2011, 07:28
west yorkshire
Level Contributor
452 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need advice for a junk tour in Ha Long bay

Hi

we did a cruise in halong bay in July on the dragon's pearl with indochine sails and it was great.

I booked online before we went because we particularly wanted this junk as you have dinner in a cave on the 2nd night. I had trouble getting onto indochine sails web site so booked through fareastours.com and they were very good and quickly replied to emails.

Halong Bay, Vietnam
Level Contributor
210 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need advice for a junk tour in Ha Long bay

@ TheGrisWalls: I hope that you will have a nice trip with the Indochina Sails!

@ Elly7: The Dragon's Pearl cruise belongs to the Indochina Junk, not Indochine Sails please. It is just a deluxe cruise and cannot be compared with the Indochina Sails or other luxurious cruises such as the Bhaya, Valentine or Paradise!

Beside the fareastours, you can book these cruises through many agents in Hanoi or through the hotels too!

Darian

http://www.darianculbert.com

Hanoi, Vietnam
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need advice for a junk tour in Ha Long bay

Valentine cruisers would be a good choice that could meet your need. Val I has 5 cabins & Val II with 2 cabins only.

Edited: 12 September 2011, 12:49
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need advice for a junk tour in Ha Long bay

I can heartily recommend Bhaya Cruises having travelled with them myself. Other luxury recommendations would be Indochina Sails, Paradise Cruises & L'Emeraude.

Pics of my Bhaya trip here FYI:

https:/…

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Need advice for a junk tour in Ha Long bay

I booked a Halong bay cruise at the very last minute in July. It was a 3 or 4 star as that was all they had available.

What we will do next time is plan ahead and do a private luxury sail. We noticed a couple of smaller boats that appeared to be private and we wish that had been available but that is what you get when you travel spontaneously.

It is a wonderful place to cruise. Enjoy

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need advice for a junk tour in Ha Long bay

The Indochina junk people also do a private cruise I think the boats called the Princess, but Indochina Sails are known for their luxury cruises.

Amersfoort, The...
Level Contributor
106 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need advice for a junk tour in Ha Long bay

We sailed with Indochina Junk's Red Dragon in July and thought it was great, but Indochina's Princess (for 2 people) mentioned above could be something for you. Our boat guide said it's popular with honeymooners. We saw it in the bay with the sails unfolded - it looked beautiful. No idea how it compares with the other companies in the luxury stakes, but having the boat for the 2 of you would be romantic. Also, Indochina Junk boats sail in the quieter Bai Tu Long area.

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
452 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need advice for a junk tour in Ha Long bay

Whoops!! Thanks Darian, I looked at so many with similar sounding names I have obviously got mixed up!