We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HaLong bay Cruises

Tel-Aviv
Level Contributor
16 posts
65 reviews
HaLong bay Cruises

Planning a 14 night's trip to Vietnam with my family (2 adults & 2 teenagers), and I'll appreciate some help with the HaLong bay cruise planned as part of our private trip.

2 agencies recommended on 3D2N cruise but the agency I prefer insists on 2D1N cruise as "If you take 2 nights/ 3 days on boat, you will be moved to a small daily boat on the 2nd day for the whole day".

Any recommendations, please?

Another question is the Cruise Company. The agency gave us 2 possibilities:

- Alisa Premier cruise

- Paradise Elegance cruise

There is a very big price difference between the two. Is the Paradise Elegance that good in comparison to the Alisa?

9 replies to this topic
Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
100 reviews
1. Re: HaLong bay Cruises

You need a new agency. I strongly recommend Ms. Cham at Halong Sapa Tours.

She will get you on the right track.

Nguyen Hong Cham (Ms. Cham) can be reached at: sales@halongsapatours.com

Her website is: www.halongsapatours.com

Good luck!

Bill

Level Contributor
619 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: HaLong bay Cruises

If your budget is good enough for 5* boat, choose Paradise cruise. Because that is a very one good one to go with.

1 post
3. Re: HaLong bay Cruises

I'd advise against the 2/day 1/night package.

That usually includes the 4 or 5 hour trip between Hanoi and Halong Bay, each way. So you only get 24 hrs in the area, really. The 2 night tour will let you spend a full, uninterrupted day in the area.

As for the cruise companies, I couldn't tell you. I think both are well past my budget haha

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
135 posts
386 reviews
4. Re: HaLong bay Cruises

She is technically still correct but likely she was the cheapest option out of the 3 or run a more budget operations as I found a lot of the more budget operators with 3d and even 2d cruises transferred you or incorporate to cat ba on the remaining night (to me this was pointless as I prefer to organize this myself if that was the case). But the more luxurious lines do offer 3d cruises without going to the island.

You could always add it up and do a 2d cruise and go to cat ba, i found it worthwhile to do more day trips from there to another bay south of the island (nan hai bay?). It didn't however, beat the views in Bai Tu Long Bay.

If it's in your budget, Indochina junk is a very popular option. For a more no frills option Oriental cruises may be ok. Ask ask and ask, talk to the operatiors see what you think suits.

5. Re: HaLong bay Cruises

In this case, you can try another agency who can provide you more options. Because Halong Bay have alot of Cruise from really cheap one to luxury. It's depend how much can you afford. If you want to have some more option you can send me an email to chinhdx3108@gmail.com. I can have you with this and also other trip in Vietnam.

London, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
6. Re: HaLong bay Cruises

I have also looked at paradise cruises. FYI they have discounts with hotels if you look at la siesta hotel.

A different agency has recommended dragon legend but I am not that convinced as paradise luxury seems better though dragon legend does a less touristic itinerary. Do you have any feedback on dragon legend?

Cheers

Andrea

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
8,105 posts
449 reviews
7. Re: HaLong bay Cruises

I would also recommend just the single night tour as it is a bit of a tourist trap on the junk . Halong Bay is crowded with boats and tourists making us a little disappointed. Some people on our boat had the 2 night tour and were transferred to another boat after the first night as mentioned previously. 2 nights might be OK if you get one of the boats that drops you off at Cat Ba for one night.

London, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
8. Re: HaLong bay Cruises

Mrs CHam doesn’t seem to include paradise cruises. Does anyone have feedbacks? Thanks!

Level Contributor
409 posts
164 reviews
9. Re: HaLong bay Cruises

I agree. Two nights and three days is the best option.

Reply to: HaLong bay Cruises
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted