We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Nha Trang to Dalat

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Nha Trang to Dalat

Our family of four (Me and my husband, two teenagers) are travelling to Vietnam in January/February next year. As part of our trip, we are looking at travelling from Nha Trang to Dalat by road, and then fly from Dalat to HCMC a few days later. My question is regarding the best way to travel from Nha Trang to Dalat....is it safe to take the bus?? Or is it better to take a private car and driver? Or is it very dangerous to do this trip by road, and better to just fly from Nha Trang to HCMC and skip it altogether?? I have been researching and have seen lots of conflicting stories.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
7,168 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Nha Trang to Dalat

A private car is always preferred between NT and DL.

The weather will be fine, JFYI, so you can decide yourself.

Cheers,

John

Edited: 25 September 2015, 23:05
Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
81 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Nha Trang to Dalat

As I know that The Sinh tourist company has daily bus from Nha Trang to Dalat. Theoretically travelling by road is less safe than the other mode of transportation. Flying is the best of course. I think it depends how much you can offord, then choose and go.

Ryan.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Nha Trang to Dalat

Private car is the best choice, a decent coach company the second best. Flying is an option, but if you want to enjoy the scenery, flying is a waste. PM me for details of someone who can provide a car and a guide if you need it. Otherwise, just about any hotel in Nha Trang can set you up.

Da Lat, Vietnam
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Nha Trang to Dalat

Hi Julian

Hope you are well.A private car with private driver always is a good choice. Besides you could do by these safe buses : Sinh tourist ( Sinh cafe), Phuong Trang ( Futa bus ). Both are accepted but i prefer Phuong Trang cuz they do every hour so it is easy to manage my little time . My hometown is Nha Trang but currently i'm living Dalat for year so i do visit home quite often by bus and motorcycle. It is not very dangerous by road as you think ( new road ).

Don't hesitake to contact me for more information.

Best Regards

FB/dattiennguyen192

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,343 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Nha Trang to Dalat

Nothing wrong with taking the bus, day time. Private car would be best as you can stop where and when you want to. Check to see if you are here over TET ( Vietnamese New Tear ) You would then have to book everything well in advance.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
316 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Nha Trang to Dalat

I've no advice on the best mode of travel (I was on a bicycle) but it is a stunningly beautiful road, especially the mid 50km as it winds it's way up the mountainside & into the clouds.

Well worth the trip in itself whatever mode of transport you choose.

Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from Nha Trang to Dalat

Hello !

Welcome to vietnam. From Nha trang to Dalat by Bus two times bus a days: 7h30 AM & 13h00 PM cost 6 usd/ ticket ( The sinh tourist bus very safe company)

Other oftion to see the real vietnam is : taking 2 days trip from Nha Trang to Dalat on motorbikes amazing to see the country and minority people.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
316 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel from Nha Trang to Dalat

Re post #7,

Where do you overnight on a 2 day trip? There were NO guesthouses onroute or do you mean camping out?

Halong bay, Vietnam
Level Contributor
257 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel from Nha Trang to Dalat

It's up to your date of traveling. If it falls on 3 - 11 Feb which means TET holidays, both public buses and private car apply a surcharge. Even the tickets are sold out very quickly because most local people want to get back home as quickly as possible (Before TET), and return to work (After TET).

Saint John, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel from Nha Trang to Dalat

Thanks everyone for your feedback. As I have discovered from this post that TET is a much bigger concern than I realised, I have decided not to come to Vietnam at all during these holidays, will instead travel to Cambodia. I am sure that will also be amazing, and I will plan my future trip to Vietnam so it does not fall in Jan/Feb!! Cheers.

Get answers to your questions about Da Lat