We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to travel from dalat to nha trang

Brisbane, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Best way to travel from dalat to nha trang

Hi

I would like to know the best way to get from dalat to nha trang. My wife and i are travelling with our 3 kids next month.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to travel from dalat to nha trang

Your best option would probably be for your hotel to arrange coach tickets. Make sure you take a coach that arrives in Nha Trang before dark, as you do not want to be on the roads in Vietnam in a bus after dark, and certainly not on a mountain road. It's a beautiful trip, especially the first half.

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
Bowser, Canada
Level Contributor
380 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to travel from dalat to nha trang

Brett,

For the price, I would hire a private vehicle for the trip. We did this last month with our three children and I am so glad we did so. It was a long drive and left my knuckles white at times. I just couldn't imagine doing this journey on a bus.

We left just after 0800 hours and arrived in Nha Trang around lunch time. Beautiful drive but a wee bit scary around the mountain pass.

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
300 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to travel from dalat to nha trang

I agree with Troy, private car is the most suitable one for family since you can depart and stop at any time you want. It costs around 120$.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to travel from dalat to nha trang

I think that 120 for a 3 hour trip is way overpriced, even if the vehicle has to return empty. The wages for a driver is not more than 200/month in that area.

Edited: 09 September 2015, 17:01
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
7,775 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to travel from dalat to nha trang

Jim,

A local company's rate is 180K VND (around $85).

My guesstimate for visitor is around $100; negotiable, of course.

Cheers,

John

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to travel from dalat to nha trang

I thought as much, John.

7. Re: Best way to travel from dalat to nha trang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 September 2015, 16:35
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way to travel from dalat to nha trang

From Dalat to Nha trang should rent a private car than along the way you can visit alot of beautiful thing like Linh phupc pagoda , waterfall, coffee plantation......

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
678 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best way to travel from dalat to nha trang

From Nha Trang to Dat Lat is about 145km, you can take a bus( the Sinh tourist, Phuong Trang or Hanh Cafe...) The rate is around 140.000VND ~ 7$/person. If you take a taxi, the rate is about 1.800.000vnd~90$. I think the best way is rent a private car, you can ask the reception. It have good rate.

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
10. Re: Best way to travel from dalat to nha trang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2016, 14:17