We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dalat or Ninh Binh

British Columbia
Level Contributor
240 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Dalat or Ninh Binh

My wife and I will be in Vietnam in March and have booked 3 nights in Dalat but was reading about Ninh Binh and was wondering if it may be better to go there instead? We like to bike, hike and explore and I think both places offer these pursuits but is one place better than the other?

If we decide to switch to Ninh Binh any suggestions where to stay would be appreciated

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Ninh Binh
Ninh Binh
Ninh Binh Province, Vietnam
Level Contributor
606 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dalat or Ninh Binh

Wow it is impossible to compare as each place has different things to explore. Dalat is similar to Sapa while Ninh Binh is absolutely different as it is the countryside in the north of Vietnam. It is surrounded by rice fields, river and karst mountain. Both places can offer you a bike riding, hiking but Ninh Binh will let you take a boat cruise on river going through a big cave on the way visit the landscape.

Sapa Sunshine

Mentioned in this post
Sapa
Sapa
Lao Cai Province, Vietnam
Ninh Binh
Ninh Binh
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
283 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dalat or Ninh Binh

For scenery & activities, i vote for Ninh Binh & i suggest to stay in Tam Coc area, some boutique hotels as Nam Hoa, Chez Loan, or eco lodge

For climate, i will vote for Da Lat.

Cheers.

Mentioned in this post
Ninh Binh
Ninh Binh
Tam Coc
Tam Coc
2,235 Reviews
Ninh Binh, Vietnam
Da Lat
Da Lat
Lam Dong Province, Vietnam
Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
678 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dalat or Ninh Binh

Ninh Binh for sure.

Mentioned in this post
Ninh Binh
Ninh Binh
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dalat or Ninh Binh

Da Lat is my hometown, 1 vote for it!! ^^. You can enjoy a very fresh foggy morning with a cup of hot jasmine tea or hot coffee which are its specialities. Da Lat is q quiet place with its french style of architecture and people. Try Nem Nuong Ba Hung as their famous food in here!

Mentioned in this post
Da Lat
Da Lat
Lam Dong Province, Vietnam
British Columbia
Level Contributor
240 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dalat or Ninh Binh

Thanks everyone for your reply

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dalat or Ninh Binh

Ozzieinbc,I'm going through this same struggle right now.

Which did you go with?

Vietnam
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dalat or Ninh Binh

Ninh Binh is better but is better. Things are very countryside there which was hard a bit for foreigners to get around. I once help a girl that got lost in NInh Binh trying to find her way back to the hostel 20kms away from where she was. Dalat is pretty in a French way, nice scenery, people speak English.

Mentioned in this post
Ninh Binh
Ninh Binh
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
296 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dalat or Ninh Binh

I have experienced a bicycle tour in Ninh binh yesterday. It is very authentic with accumulate mountains, variety of caves, pier and impressive nature.

Some hotels suggestion:

5 stars: Emeralda Resort and Spa (huge, luxury, professional and deep in convalescence space).

4 stars: Legend Hotel (large room, convenient).

3 stars: Nam Hoa Hotel (deliciously fresh foods and common people owners)

Mentioned in this post
Ninh Binh
Ninh Binh
Vung Tau, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dalat or Ninh Binh

They are both lovely. Enjoy yourself.

Not much help, I know, but .....

10. Re: Dalat or Ninh Binh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2016, 16:17