We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doc Let, Vietnam, places to stay?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Doc Let, Vietnam, places to stay?

We want to spend a few days chilling on the beach in Doc Let from 17 to 20 June. Can anyone recommend places to stay that aren't the high end resorts? Hoping for a beach hut for 3 really!

Or if you recommend a different, more affordable, resort to chill out in that would also be gratefully received!

Thank you!

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doc Let, Vietnam, places to stay?

Doc lech whitesand resort about usd 100/r/n.

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
5,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doc Let, Vietnam, places to stay?

Paradise beach resort is what you are looking for, they have a website. About $40 per person including breakfast, lunch and dinner. Further up the coast you could look at whale island. There is another island near whale but it's very rustic and very quiet.

Hanoi
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Doc Let, Vietnam, places to stay?

Do not stay at Club Paradise in Doc Let. We were there for 2 nights. It had bedbugs (my entire family was attacked). At first I thought it was mosquitoes but we discovered the bugs.... gross. The owner is a crusty old French guy who gets angry if you use more than one napkin and yells at you for closing the windows at night and turning on the a/c - he clearly wants to save as much money as possible. The beaches were covered with trash. My daughter sliced her hand on a piece of glass in the sand. The place is cramped with buildings, and there are no beach chairs and he won't let you take their towels down to the beach.

vietnam
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Doc Let, Vietnam, places to stay?

Strange we found him to be a nice old man who couldn't do enough for us all.

Good value for money and you can also go out on his boat.

nha trang
Level Contributor
205 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Doc Let, Vietnam, places to stay?

best to ignore any reviews with just 1 forum post.

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Doc Let, Vietnam, places to stay?

Paradise Beach Resort Doc Let Vn

Stacy G - I agree with you

First let me say that we are 3 Aussie blokes and had been travelling around Vietnam for 3 weeks in February. Kev had read about Paradise Beach Resort in a motor bike magazine and after looking at the web site the place looked like it would be worth a couple of days to relax before going back to Saigon and then home.

We arrived in Na Trang and made a phone call to Mr Cheri and told him we were coming. Half the conversation was hard to understand so we caught a taxi there. On arrival we were abused slightly because we didn’t wait for his driver to pick us up. He then showed us the accommodation but for some reason he kept steering us towards the bungalows in the back row. Price was reasonable US$45/night for the double and US$25 for the single including all meals which were also reasonable. The Vietnamese staff were very good but very little English was spoken, the young girls did their best and praise be to them.

I don’t want to sound like a winger but…..

The bungalows didn’t have any thing between the top of the walls and the roof, so the only thing to keep the mosquitoes at bay was nets. There were no ceiling fans only a small electric fan dangling inside the net to keep you cool at night

There wasn’t any hot water, not even a tap for it. The water was turned off the first night, couldn’t flush the toilet until morning.

Kev complained to us about being bitten by something at night so it must have been the bedbugs.

The beach had rubbish washing up on it. I picked up a fluorescent tube at the waters edge and disposed of it in a bin, probably off the fishing boats maybe that’s what your daughter cut herself on.

On the second day we were there we asked Cheri about computers so we could organise the next leg of our journey back to Saigon. He told us that he had a laptop in the residence and would bring it over for us to use.

Cheri was the only contact when trying to organise our departure only he would disappear after breakfast and you wouldn’t see him again until dinner time by then it was too late to organise anything.

On the forth day we got the laptop, we couldn’t get a flight out of Na Trang for a couple of days so the choice was a sleeper bus which are not designed for Aussies so the only thing left was the over night trains which Cheri said he would book the next day. Kev said to Cheri not to worry about it we would book it ourselves all we want him to do is organise his driver to take us back to Na Trang around midday. Kev felt that Cheri didn’t listen to him about not booking the train so at dinner I again told him not to book the train that we would book it ourselves.

Next morning we packed and were ready by 10am so they knew we were serious about leaving. I was beginning to feel like we were at the Hotel California “you can check out any time you like but you can never leave” the driver came at 1pm he hadn’t been told that we were leaving at midday.

We arrived at Na Trang station and booked our sleeper, the three of us in one compartment. A sigh of relief we had escaped. Not so, next thing I see is the driver walking towards us with a phone in his hand, on the other end was Cheri ranting and raving about how he had gone to the trouble of booking the sleeper for us and we were going to make him loose VND1.5 million. He kept this up for a good 5 minutes, I couldn’t get a word in so in the end I said get the tickets to us and I’ll cancel the ones we booked because his tickets were on an earlier train. Big mistake he had booked two in one compartment and one in another all top bunks. I’m 62 with bad knees with no chance of getting into the top sleeper even if my life depended on it. As it turned out Cheri had organised the driver for 6pm to get us to the train that he booked (he hadn’t listened to us at all)

There was a cancellation fee for the tickets that we booked, he charged us for the bloke to bring us the tickets and I sat up all night in a seat. He got me again.

We didn’t feel we had escaped until we got to Saigon

I cant recommend this place.

jdhvy

7. Re: Doc Let, Vietnam, places to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 10:42