We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach holiday

Australia
Level Contributor
88 posts
23 reviews
Best beach holiday

We are going back to Vietnam and having 4 nights in Hoi An and are looking to spend another 4 nights at a nice beach resort. Could anyone please recommend a good beach. We are looking at Phu Quoc. Thank you.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4,432 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Best beach holiday

Phu Quoc is wonderful, with most of the resorts along Long Beach. As an alternative to Long Beach, try Mango Bay resort; personally I'm not a big fan but some people rave about it. The nicest beach is Bai Sao but currently there is only very basic wooden shack accommodation there.

As an alternative, try Mui Ne - loads & loads of resorts at all budgets, a really nice beach, and lots of good bars/restaurants.

For real peace & quiet, try Ke Ga, or Con Dao island, though the latter currently only has VERY mediocre accommodation and nowhere to get decent food.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: Best beach holiday

Try out beach in Phu Yen and stay in Bai Tram Resort

Offenburg, Germany
Level Contributor
84 posts
3. Re: Best beach holiday

Hi.

My friend stayed at Mango Bay resort and he wanna back that resort next trip. It should be great.

Cheers,

Rabbit

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
10,140 posts
51 reviews
4. Re: Best beach holiday

Hi Tennille. Coming from OZ I imagine you are using Australian beaches as a yardstick which may be a little misleading. Mostly VN beaches are very long with very little surf at most times of the year. Think like Surfers Paradise without waves. Of course it depends on the time of year. Sometimes the water is flat as a tack and other times wind waves are created that give a second grade surf but still a lot of fun. On the other hand if you want calm water soft white sand a lounge with a thatched roof then you've got normal VN beach life,from the north to the south of the whole coast.

What there is to consider for a VN beach holiday is- Firstly the season-that will put you geographically on the map for a choice of North, Central and South Vietnam.

In the north the common beaches are all named from one great long piece of coast with China Beach, being the common area, and includes Hoi An. The central is Nha Trang and Mui Ne being the common areas. In the south Vung Tau. Phu Quoc is a destination that I cant comment on until late February.

Then you need to decide the amount of action you want in your holiday.

For a guide I would say China beach area is mild activity, Nha Trang is the rev up area, Mui Ne is the laid back, Vung Tau is the urban. All have great choices for resorts, restaurants and to some degree, tours. From my personal experience Mui Ne (Ham Tien area) is the pick as it is easy to get to from Ho Chi Minh, and makes a good starting point to move on to Nha Trang,China Beach etc.

This is only an outline as there are many many little known beaches if you want to be adventurous.

Hope this helps.

Ross

Australia
Level Contributor
88 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: Best beach holiday

Thank you all for your very helpful information. Could anyone please advise which place would be the easiest to get to from Hoi An, as we don't want to go back to Ho Chi Min. We have a flight from Danang to Singapore. Thank you.

Hia
Level Contributor
293 posts
6. Re: Best beach holiday

Near Hoian, there is only China Beach which is officially around the Non Nuoc Resort hotel but some locals argue that the real China Beach is at My Khe Beach which is about 5 km north of the hotel. But for 4 nights, I think you can fly to Nha Trang.

Phu Quoc, Mui Ne and Vung Tau are very nice too but they are near Ho Chi Minh City and you will need to travel to Saigon before going to these places if you take flights.

Offenburg, Germany
Level Contributor
84 posts
7. Re: Best beach holiday

Hi friends,

For me, Vung Tau is not a choice since it's crazy crowded there. lot of local are swimming , eating and a lot of garbage on the beach. nothing much to see.

Mui Ne, Nha Trang, Da nang, Hoi An have great beach.

Have a good decision :)

Rabbit

Australia
Level Contributor
88 posts
23 reviews
8. Re: Best beach holiday

Thank you very much for all your information. Can you get to Mui Ne from Danang or do you have to go to Ho Chi Min.

Offenburg, Germany
Level Contributor
84 posts
9. Re: Best beach holiday

Hi Tennille,

There is no flight from Danang to Mui Ne. Only train or bus.,but it takes too long . u should fly to HCM , then take a bus/train to Mui Ne. many choices for bus like Mai Linh,Phuong Trang or Kumho Express...

Nice trip to u

Rabbit

Australia
Level Contributor
88 posts
23 reviews
10. Re: Best beach holiday

Thank you very much for that information