We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach near Ho Chi Minh

Which Vietnam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
867 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Beach near Ho Chi Minh

Always been attracted to Vietnam but never made it there. After exploring Ho Chi Minh I would like a little rest by the ocean for 5 days. Can anyone recommend a beach that is reasonably near and how best to get there.

Looking at mid February, was considering Bali or Sabah but looks to be a bad weather month there

With thanks

David

Newport Beach
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach near Ho Chi Minh

SurreyDave,

Try to get some sun eh? Especially that time of the year in Surrey is too cold ha?

We are heading out to Mui Ne. At first I plan to go to Nha Trang, after reading hotel review in Phan Thiet (Mui Ne), we chose (Phan Thiet) Mui Ne instead...closer to Saigon, about 4 hours drive and the Mui Ne have better resorts price wise too.

There are many beaches in VN, you have a long way to go...start reading and get a feel of what you like best.

Hoi An was also recommend here on the forum.

Have fun

Philippines
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach near Ho Chi Minh

The closest beach to Saigon would have to be Vung Tau and Long Hai...but I dont like these places. They are, like, 2 hours away but NOT worth the trip.

Id rather travel by car for 3 1/2 to 4 hours to Phan Thiet( also called Mui Ne). NIcer, cleaner beach..and fantastic resorts! You wont regret it.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach near Ho Chi Minh

hello mate..

as i write this im sitting at the beach in mui ne..took a sinh cafe bus here from hcmc a few days ago for 100,000 VND...air conditioned coach that takes about 4 hours...look up tien dat resort at mui ne, i am staying in their bungalow, its literally about 8 steps in a stright line from my door into the beach, and about 6-7 metres from my front door over to the left to the massive pool..

Newport Beach
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach near Ho Chi Minh

Love a tiger,

How is the bungalow? Thinking of booking there next month. How is the bed and how big are the room?

Thanks

Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
307 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach near Ho Chi Minh

Mui Ne or Phu Quoc are the best options - PQ will cost a bit more as you have to fly, but it's well worth it!

UK
Level Contributor
867 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach near Ho Chi Minh

I think I posted this after midight uk time and already help floods in- many thanks to all. So lots for me to read tonight. Now going to work , Now guess what I want to do- work or read up on Mui Ne, Phan Thiet,Phu Quoc.

Tibet71, you are so right. I need sun, I need to run away from this economic gloom and hide fo a few days

Love a Tiger you should be ashamed - your opening words fill me with envy and absolute disatisfaction with my current Surrey UK grey wet misearble location!!

Thanks all

David

7. Re: Beach near Ho Chi Minh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 09:17