We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 Days & 9 Nights Itinerary in Northern / Central Vietnam

Singapore
1 post
Save Topic
10 Days & 9 Nights Itinerary in Northern / Central Vietnam

Hello all. I am in the early stages of planning for my trip with my partner in mid-September and having a bit of trouble deciding on how to apportion our days in Vietnam. I have visited HCMC earlier this year so we're looking at visiting Hanoi (including an overnight cruise on Halong bay), Hue, Hoi an and Da nang.

Will we be able to cover these places in a span of 10 days? We'll be flying into and departing from Hanoi. Also, could anyone kindly provide us with some suggestions on how many days I should allocate to each place? We will likely be flying out to Da Nang or Hoi An upon our arrival to Noi Bai airport but have yet to decide where we want to base our stay while in Central Vietnam.

Any recommendations or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Halong Bay
Halong Bay
9,113 Reviews
Halong Bay, Vietnam
Hue
Hue
Thua Thien - Hue Province, Vietnam
Hoi An
Hoi An
Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
Da Nang
Da Nang
Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
1 reply
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 Days & 9 Nights Itinerary in Northern / Central Vietnam

You might want to skip central Vietnam in September. I'm going to Vietnam in Sept also, and my friend who lives there cautioned us against central Vietnam as the rain is apparently quite bad (typhoons I think?) at that time of year.

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: 10 Days & 9 Nights Itinerary in Northern / Central Vietnam
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted