We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Phu Quoc Island Vietnam

Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Flights to Phu Quoc Island Vietnam

I am seeking flights from Beijing to Phu Quoc Island Vietnam in October. After a quick look it seems many of them (less than 500 USD) are 15 or more hours with the layovers. Is there a trick to finding a reasonable flight? I can go way of Hong Kong, or another airport. Any recommendations? Thnx

7 replies to this topic
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,960 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to Phu Quoc Island Vietnam

With those sort of time frames, surely it would be much more easier to just catch a flight to Ho Chi Minh City. Then either stay on the main land in a comfortable hotel over night or, far more risky, find out when it is due to land in HCMC, add a few hours and book a later flight to PQ. Only downside is because it would probably be two tickets, any missed connection would be something for you to sort.

Wirral
Level Contributor
783 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to Phu Quoc Island Vietnam

Hi Pam.

You cant fly direct to Phu Quoc. You will need to transit through Saigon. But there are plenty of daily flights to Phu Quoc from Saigon.

regards

bb

Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to Phu Quoc Island Vietnam

Understood. Most flights even to Saigon take more than 15 hours to go from Beijing to Vietnam.

Is this to be expected if I want to pay a lower price?

Edited: 13 May 2018, 17:05
Wirral
Level Contributor
783 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to Phu Quoc Island Vietnam

Hi Pam.

You should check skyscanner, China southern have direct flights in October 6 hours to Saigon and 4 hours 45 minutes back to Beijing at approx $320 Usd.

regards

bb

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Hue
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights to Phu Quoc Island Vietnam

China Southern flies direct PEK-SGN for USD323 purchased now for Oct. but it departs 1am, arrives 6.10am (6hrs 10)

Regards

rayza

Wirral
Level Contributor
783 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights to Phu Quoc Island Vietnam

Haha !

Great minds think alike rayza :-)

regards

bb

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Hue
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights to Phu Quoc Island Vietnam

Haha! Pipped at the post! Expedia says cheaper for 16/10 but I checked on the airline site. Maybe some days are still less.

Regards

rayza

Reply to: Flights to Phu Quoc Island Vietnam
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted