We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa extension/renewal

Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Visa extension/renewal

Hi all. I am travelling to Vietnam in June on a One-month visa which I have already received from the embassy in NZ. However my plans have changed and I need to be in Vietnam at least another month. I have read that visa extension is not available so I am wondering what will be my best option for being in Vietnam another month. Note - I will be in Cambodia for 3 weeks before going to Vietnam. I can also leave Vietnam and come back with a new visa if that is what it takes. Any and all advice/info is greatly appreciated :)

Mentioned in this post
4 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15,030 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa extension/renewal

Hello 368cherrellew

It is very simple and cheap to obtain a VN visa in Phnom Penh, where the VN Embassy is, or at either of Battambang or Sihanoukville where there are VN Consulate Generals.

Personally, I get my VN visas in Phnom Penh and use a long established local travel agency, 5 Oceans Co Ltd., to do all the running around for me. However, one can do it in person at either the Embassy or the two Consulate Generals if you don't mind spending time doing so.

Best regards. Ian/Angkorlad

Mentioned in this post
Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
Battambang
Battambang
Battambang Province, Cambodia
Sihanoukville
Sihanoukville
Sihanoukville Province, Cambodia
The Embassy
The Embassy
219 Reviews
Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam
vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,736 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa extension/renewal

You should be able to extend it once you get here, many do. Once here go into a few travel agents and see what they can do for you.

Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa extension/renewal

Thank you Ian. So my current visa is valid from 19/6/18 - 19/7/18. Would it be acceptable to visit the embassy in Phnom Penh and get a new visa for 19/7/18 - 19/9/18? Would they both be valid?

Mentioned in this post
Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15,030 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa extension/renewal

Hello again 368cherrellew

An interesting question and a situation I've not personally encountered before and I do not know the answer to this.

One can only go and ask whilst in PNH/KH.

An alternative option MAY be to get an online visa for your second entry in to VN.

Best regards. Ian/Angkorlad

Reply to: Visa extension/renewal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted