We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train booking

Bacolod City...
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
train booking

Hi. I'm trying to book a sleeper on the overnight train from Ninh Binh to Hue on both 12go.asia and baulao.com. On both sites, it says that everything is sold out on the date I want. However, when I check the same train from Hanoi to Hue, the seats/sleepers are available. So, would it be OK for me to purchase the sleeper on the Hanoi to Hue train, but board the train in Ninh Binh, or would my sleeper be forfeited (and me considered a no-show) if I don't board in Hanoi?

3 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
616 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: train booking

Why do you have to buy the ticket starting from Hanoi while they sell from Ninh Binh to Hue? I bought some times tickets for this route. Just type the departure place is Ninh Binh and Arrival place is Hue, it will show it to you. I think you can save a little bit money more than getting the ticket departing from Hanoi.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
624 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: train booking

The tickets are only released a few weeks before departure for stations in between the major stations. I had the same issue when booking between Nha Trang and Danang, but 2 weeks or so before departure there were lots of seats/berths. If you are travelling over a holiday booking from Hanoi to Hue might be a good idea. It is possible your seat would be forfeited if you don't board in Hanoi and they are busy.

Edited: 13 May 2018, 15:13
Bacolod City...
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: train booking

Hi Fred1066. I ended up getting confirmed berths on the Livitrans train from Ninh Binh to Hue. It was more expensive but I didn't want to risk not getting that specific schedule. As it turns out, I later received an email from the 12go support team explaining (as you did) that the regular tickets for Hanoi to Hue are released (on their system) 60 days before the scheduled trip but the tickets from Ninh Binh to Hue are released only 30 days before the scheduled trip. She said that she checked and verified that if I were to get the Hanoi to Hue tickets, it would be OK for us to board in Ninh Binh without fear of losing our berths. But all's well. We were very satisfied with our berths in the Livitrans train. It was on time and arrived on the dot and there was always someone on hand to ask assistance from.

Reply to: train booking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted