We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam for Honeymoon December

2 posts
Save Topic
Vietnam for Honeymoon December

Hello!! My wife and I are looking to go to Vietnam for our honeymoon in December. We would like to see some city action—see some nature — and have some beach time. Any advice for an itinerary?

Things that I've seen that interest me are

Mekong Delta

Ho Chi Minh City

Hồ Tràm

Help!! Any advice is so appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
6 replies to this topic
Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
2,144 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Vietnam for Honeymoon December

Phu Quoc island or Nha Trang for beach time.

Mentioned in this post
Phu Quoc Island
Phu Quoc Island
Kien Giang Province, Vietnam
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vietnam for Honeymoon December

Hi Jenelle C,

Happy your wedding, undoubtedly a Vietnam honeymoon vacation provides a memorable starting to married life. My Tho (located in the heart of the Mekong Delta). Daydream on boat on the Mekong River and its multiple canals to Ben Tre. Visit a coco candy factory where you can taste the unique local specialties. After enjoying honey tea and fresh tropical fruits in a local garden, enjoy a short local coach drive before a very romantic sampan through a water coconut forest to return to your big boat. In Hochiminh city, take your time to visit the Center Post Office and Notre Dame Cathedral (to watch the French architecture buildings built during the French colonial time before shopping tour at big shopping malls for the international brands and high quality Vietnamese brands), Saigon Square (for International brands made in Vietnam) and Ben Thanh Market – a symbol of Saigon. In Ho Tram, you can do on your own are going to the local market, Binh Chau hot spring, and local Monkey pagoda or enjoy your time relaxing on the beach with its cool blue ocean and the wind whispering evoking a peaceful sea. You will be able to comfortably play on a broad beach with the gentle slope and dreamy accents on the rocks by the sea. Swimming and sunbathing on the wonderful beach resort.

Mentioned in this post
Ben Tre
Ben Tre
Ben Tre Province, Vietnam
Saigon Square
Saigon Square
276 Reviews
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Ben Thanh Market
Ben Thanh Market
10,372 Reviews
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Saigon Phu Quoc Resort
Saigon Phu Quoc Resort
560 Reviews
Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam
Ho Tram
Ho Tram
Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province, Vietnam
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vietnam for Honeymoon December

Thank you so much for your response!!! Do you think i should find a travel agent to help me book these things?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vietnam
Level Contributor
9,556 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vietnam for Honeymoon December

"Do you think i should find a travel agent to help me book these things?"

You've just asked a travel agent. What do you think they'll say? :-)

If you're prepared to put a bit of work in yourself, then you don't need one.

Especially one that is only here to try and advertise their business. Which happens to be against Trip Advisor rules.

Do some research, (Travelfish.org is a good place to start) come up with an itinerary, and then post it here to get people's thoughts on how it works and perhaps how you can improve it.

Scott

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
2,713 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vietnam for Honeymoon December

December isn't necessarily the best time for beach in Nha Trang. Unless you're addicted to watching it being rained on that is.

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
Level Contributor
81 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vietnam for Honeymoon December

If you are looking for an amazing time with friendly local people or experience the unique things, you can visit the south (Ho Chi Minh city for the city life, Mekong delta for the uniques, and maybe Mui Ne or Nha trang beach for the photos ;-).

If you want to take beautiful photos of Vietnam, the north has more to offer such as Hanoi, Halong Bay, and Sapa.

It depends on your time limit, you can visit them all ;-)

I am independent traveler so I don't often use travel agents, I booked everything directly but mostly the hotels and flights, then when I arrive, I ask the hotel about the tour. It can be more expensive than travel agents but it gives me flexibility, not scheduled!

In your case, you can contact a trusted travel agent and ask for the information, then you can ask them to book only the hotel or flights for you (they can do these tasks with good rates), then if there is anything else that needs to be booked in advance, you can discuss with them!

Mentioned in this post
Mui Ne
Mui Ne
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Halong Bay
Halong Bay
9,385 Reviews
Halong Bay, Vietnam
Sapa