We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Vietnam tour

Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on Vietnam tour

Hi All,

I am planning a honeymoon tour to Vietnam in mid November 2018. I have researched a bit and have shortlisted the cities/places i would be visiting. I would be staying for around 8-9 nights.

I would be landing at Ho Chi Minh City from Mumbai. Then i would cover the following four places in the next 6 days:

Ho Chi Minh City, SaPa, Mekong Delta and Mui Ne.

After that, i wish to visit the following places:

Da Nang, Hoi An and Cham islands.

However, they fall in North Vietnam. So i wish to take a flight from HCMC. My queries are as follows:

The flights currently shows as sold out (for Mid November) (on https://booking.vietjetair.com). Will they be available if i plan to book them on the spot. Also, will i be able to get the flights from bookmyshow or something (as in do i have options of different airlines).

Further, is there a better alternative? The return flights from HCMC to Da Nang are costing me around 30k for couple. Is it advisable to travel by train?

Basically, i return airfare from mumbai is going around 50k per couple. I would be comfortable with spending an additional 10k for travelling (for couple) if i wish to go North. Otherwise i would just settle for a South trip and cut it short.

Any alternative itinerary anyone can suggest? Or a solution to this problem (going from HCMC to Da Nang)?

4 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vietnam
Level Contributor
9,978 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Vietnam tour

I think, if you look at a map, you'll find Sapa is in the North of Vietnam.

Very North, in fact.

And really, with the time you have, try and pick three places. Otherwise you'll see nothing.

Perhaps stay south and really see HCMC, Mui Ne and some of the Mekong.

Scott

Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Vietnam tour

Hello. Thanks for your advice. Oops sorry, i just realised SaPa is to the North.

Okay, so i now want to stick to three-four places. In North, i have the following options:

SaPa, Danang, Hoi An and Cham Island.

In South i have the following options:

HCMC, Mekong and Mui Ne.

From what i researched, November month is ideal for the cities mentioned in South.

Can you confirm if Novemeber is ideal for the North places which i mentioned, as well (SaPa, Danang, Hoi An and Cham Island)? I am more interested in these places in the North. But will only go there if the time is ideal, otherwise would stick with my North plan of 3 places.

Thanks in advance.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vietnam
Level Contributor
9,978 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on Vietnam tour

Sapa is in the North.

Danang, Hoi An and Cham island are in the central region.

The central region is not a very good option in November. It's their wet season. As in possible floods.

With the time you have, you really need to choose just one region. Otherwise, you'll just spend too much time travelling.

IMO, you should stay south.

Scott

Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on Vietnam tour

Hi,

I am more interested in the places in the North as in South for now. I can skip the central region if you advise so. So, i would like to do Halong Bay, Hanoi and SaPa.

Can you advise if i can get air ticket from Danag to Hanoi on the spot (mid November)? Or i need to prebook?

Reply to: Advice on Vietnam tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted