We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ha Giang: hiking and photography

Europe
Level Contributor
21 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Ha Giang: hiking and photography

I'm a photographer and I'm looking to do a multiday hike through the Ha Giang region in the coming weeks, to enjoy the beautiful scenery and get in touch with some tribes and authentic villages.

I'm fine with doing it without a guide, but I can't seem to find much info on maps, routes or blog by people who have done it before solo. Does anybody have any suggestions or information?

Also I would considering hiring a guide if it adds to the experience.. if anybody has some contacts or information about hiring a guide in Ha Giang please let me know. (any commercial organisations: DM me)

All responses much appreciated

3 replies to this topic
Beechworth...
Level Contributor
349 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ha Giang: hiking and photography

QT is pretty good with info on getting around Dong Van NP and HG loop. He's based in Ha Giang town. His specialty is rentals and tours. Look him up at http://qtmotorbikesandtours.com.vn/

He's very responsive to emails and I'm sure you can work something out with him.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
2,706 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ha Giang: hiking and photography

Don't neglect to bring tripod and filters. Also try to find places relatively close to lodgings as good locations can be difficult to get to in the early morning or at sunset unless you sleep in the car (hint: don't be on mountain roads after dark). Be prepared for lots of haze.

Vietnam
Level Contributor
846 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ha Giang: hiking and photography

Hello,

How long do you have and what method of transportation will you utilize?

You can trek by yourself in Ha Gian without any problem. However, if you are serious about interacting with the minority people and shooting in the villages of Ha Giang Province you really need a guide.

I suggest you contact Mr. Hung of Mr. Hung tours and discuss your options with him.

www.mrhungvietnamtourism.com

mrhungtourst@gmail.com

When will you be arriving in Ha Giang? I will probably be there in a few weeks myself.

Safe travels :)

Edited: 09 May 2018, 15:34
Reply to: Ha Giang: hiking and photography
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted