We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam diving

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Vietnam diving

Hi, we are a family of 5 going to Vietnam for 2 weeks at the beginning of August. We are looking at itinerys but are struggling to find a beach area/island to relax for a few days and go snorkelling/diving, a lot of reviews say a lot of the islands are really busy, any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks Kelly

Mentioned in this post
6 replies to this topic
Bangalow, Australia
Level Contributor
409 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vietnam diving

I've never been to Vietnam in August as its really hot,..preferring to go in March. ..

I think you'll find most of the tourist places for diving are really busy. Nha trang has some nice dive sites and snorkelling, Rainbow divers are popular (PADI) but there are a few companies ....you could go north of the bridge and be a bit quieter with a nice beach still...then get a taxi into town costs very little.

Phu Quic island also has diving but I don't know what it's like, heard its good.

Con Dao also has diving. And is PADI also.

Edited: 09 May 2018, 11:54
Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
Rainbow Divers-Phu Quoc
Rainbow Divers-Phu Quoc
392 Reviews
Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam
Con Dao Islands
Con Dao Islands
Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province, Vietnam
vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,585 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vietnam diving

Yes Nha Trang , islands of Phu Quoc and Con Dao are the best places for diving. Can do a bit of research on those and I'm sure you will find something that suits you.

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Phu Quoc Island
Phu Quoc Island
Kien Giang Province, Vietnam
Con Dao Islands
Con Dao Islands
Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province, Vietnam
Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Vietnam diving

Phu Quoc island or Nha Trang!

Mentioned in this post
Phu Quoc Island
Phu Quoc Island
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
73 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vietnam diving

Hi Kelly,

If you stop at Hoian, you can also do snorkeling or diving in Cham Islands. I believe the expense will be cheaper than in Nha Trang or Phu Quoc.

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Phu Quoc Island
Phu Quoc Island
Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vietnam diving

Thanks, I’ll take a look at those. I know they get busy, we have been put off a little as we went to Borneo last year to what we thought was a gorgeous island and it had been ruined by too many people visiting that had zero respect for the island and the coral, I suppose you can’t do too much about it can you ☹️ Thanks for the advice

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,585 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vietnam diving

Forgot to mention there is whale island north of Nha Trang ( maybe 2hrs plus drive ) Rainbow divers do diving from there. Only one small resort there and very quiet do not think you want to spend to many nights there.

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Reply to: Vietnam diving
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted