We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Android Offline Map App

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
2,540 posts
96 reviews
131 helpful votes
Android Offline Map App

Hi

Does anyone have any recommendations for offline android map apps that work well in Vietnam?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
9,837 posts
22 reviews
12 helpful votes
1. Re: Android Offline Map App

Google maps

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
5,646 posts
96 reviews
62 helpful votes
2. Re: Android Offline Map App

You can download areas of Google maps to use when offline. I found it very handy when i was in Vietnam.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
20,633 posts
5 reviews
22 helpful votes
3. Re: Android Offline Map App

Personally, I find that the Google Maps installed on my Samsung J7 (not the expensive S7) phone, purchased in Phnom Penh earlier this year, work brilliantly in Cambodia, Vietnam and Australia.

Best regards. Ian/Angkorlad

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
2,540 posts
96 reviews
131 helpful votes
4. Re: Android Offline Map App

Thank you. I didn't realise you could get Google Maps offline so I'll look into it. I had maps.me when I was in Japan which was OK, but it did odd things like instead of taking a one road route/the most direct route it would have you walking down lots of side streets instead.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
509 posts
103 reviews
120 helpful votes
5. Re: Android Offline Map App

Although Google maps is the gold standard there's a bit of work involved to get the maps offline. They certainly don't make it easy and you can only download bits and pieces and not an entire country, and the interface is not intuitive.

I use Here maps for offline navigation which lets you download the whole of Vietnam and it got me through a cycle trip from north to south.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
9,837 posts
22 reviews
12 helpful votes
6. Re: Android Offline Map App

Maybe its changed Gordon but 3 years ago I downloaded Cambodia ,Vietnam and Laos in one go

7. Re: Android Offline Map App

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of in . If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.