We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fantasea show and Simon Cabaret

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
169 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Fantasea show and Simon Cabaret

Hi everyone!

Are these shows definitely worth a visit? We are in our mid 20s, no children. They dont really appeal to me, but I wouldnt like to miss a must see show! We are staying in Karon for 9 nights next May.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fantasea show and Simon Cabaret

From Karon I would do a nice night our in Patong, with the Simon Cabaret show beforehand.

Fantasea is completely different, but that will give you at least some idea to make up your mind.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,168 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fantasea show and Simon Cabaret

I have seen both shows. I really enjoyed Simon Cabaret. But Fantasea was also good.

Have a look at reviews and photos & see if that helps make up your mind which one to see, if not both.

Good luck and happy planning!

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
885 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fantasea show and Simon Cabaret

Both are completely different experience.

Phuket Simon Cabaret is a Ladyboy show for 1 hour, stage performance on a large auditorium. 8-10 songs will be staged on the theater on multi language with lip singing (English, Bollywood, Chinese, Japanese, Thai etc).

Phuket FantaSea is normally also has dinner hall and it takes 4 hour in total (stage show is 1 hour) . Here performance is cultural and even elephants are part of the show.

I suggest you refer these youtube video for a virtual tour, it will help in firming your decision.

Phuket FantaSea

https://www.youtube.com/watch…

Phuket Simon Cabaret

https://www.youtube.com/watch…

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
169 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fantasea show and Simon Cabaret

Thanks for the replies so far. I've looked into each show and read reviews so I know what they are about and how different they are. I guess I'm wandering why the reviews differ so much, some people love them, others think it's a waste of time...

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Fantasea show and Simon Cabaret

We went to both last year and I would definitely recommend them both. Im going back with my friends in 2 weeks instead of hubby this time and yes, we will be going to both this time as my friends have not been to them. Hope you enjoy them if you decide to go.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5,028 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fantasea show and Simon Cabaret

Ye, I think both would be a good visit once just for a look. If you were squeezed for time ,maybe just one but 9 days is plenty.

We enjoyed both & my kids are 23 & 21.

Cheers Mac

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
773 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fantasea show and Simon Cabaret

I prefer Fantasea, there I find all the things that reminds me of Thailand,

Music, dancing, colorful clothes, nice decorations, and something is happening all the show through.

The organisation around Fantseashow is very well organised! Very impressive!!

(sometimes things like the organisation to make things run smooth is not the best here....)

Fantasea have done a good planning with their organisation around the show,

Everything from the transport from your hotel t/r, to your walk in the park where you can relax and enjoy before the show, their huge restaurant with food from all over the world, to the moment where you have to hand in the camera before the show, (the show is fantastic) to get the camera back, all of it runs very smooth,

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
173 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fantasea show and Simon Cabaret

Hi,

I went to Simon Cabaret last month. It was fun. I didn't expect the lip-synching so took a while to get past that :)

Also saw Siam Niramit which I believe is very similar to Fantasea. It was good too... But completely different.

I think they're both worth a look. Enjoy

Melbourne
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fantasea show and Simon Cabaret

I didn't see simon but it was highly recommended...have just returned and saw Fantasea, was ok, but only if you have kids I think..which is why we chose it over Simon. Fantasea is in a Very large theatre with lots of people, so if you get claustrophobic, you'll find it hard to enjoy.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
576 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fantasea show and Simon Cabaret

Simon Cabaret is well worth a look.

Basically a stage show, mostly mimed but some live, about 30 on stage at some times, the costumes are magnificent (there must be a lot of ostriches with no tail feathers somewhere). The show is designed for all nationalities and so some numbers are in other languages – but this doesn’t matter as it’s all about the spectacle. Some comedy. (If you sit in the front row you may find yourself part of the comedy but it’s all good fun.)

Cost was under $ 30 AUD. Cheap.

Not so impressed with Fantasea - but that might just be me.

Tragic

Edited: 30 September 2013, 17:48