We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What food do you take on your el cheapo Jetstar flight?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
72 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
What food do you take on your el cheapo Jetstar flight?

The thread on security at Phuket airport gave me the idea to ask this question. Last year we flew with Jetstar and opted not to purchase any food aboard, instead opting to bring everything with us. I'm interested to read how many others do this and what do you bring? Last time we bought a couple of Bakers' Delight big pull apart rolls, BBQ shapes and nuts. Coming home was harder, as we couldn't find anything quite like the pull apart thingie of course. Meeting all the different rules re liquids and quarantine etc makes it tricky.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What food do you take on your el cheapo Jetstar flight?

We usually take, bread rolls or wraps along with chips, snacks etc going up, and usually bring on Subway rolls coming back (there's a subway at the airport before you go through. Bottled liquid seems to be the only problem flying out of Phuket, we've never had a hassle with food.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What food do you take on your el cheapo Jetstar flight?

Going over...sandwiches or rolls, Pringles, nuts and lollies. I did actually ask the question on Jetstar FB page a while back as to any restrictions on taking food on board as I'm coeliac and they don't provide any gluten free food. The answer was - no restrictions on food!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What food do you take on your el cheapo Jetstar flight?

Hi, does anyone know if food can also be taken aboard Air Asia flights from Australia to Phuket?

Thanks.......

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,597 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What food do you take on your el cheapo Jetstar flight?

As far as I know airasia operates a no outside food policy

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,660 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What food do you take on your el cheapo Jetstar flight?

Never had issue bringing food on Air Asia - however I do buy a beverage. ;)

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
790 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What food do you take on your el cheapo Jetstar flight?

We've done that too Britmaveric, have taken chips, snacks, occasionally a wrap, but usually buy a drink from them. Never had a problem or been told we couldnt eat our own food. A lot of our flights have been overnighters so that early morning coffee is a godsend!

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
780 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What food do you take on your el cheapo Jetstar flight?

Always Subway usually ham and cheese or just cheese and something that isn't moist (soggy rolls are yuk), some donuts (my treat!!), muesli bars. I get water after we have been through customs/security.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What food do you take on your el cheapo Jetstar flight?

Thanks everyone, might give it a go.

The worse that can happen is they might confisicate it, surely we won't be kicked off the flight :-)

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,537 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What food do you take on your el cheapo Jetstar flight?

I've always brought extra food on to our Air Asia Flights with no problems. I do wonder why airlines sell nuts or why people would bring them on board bearing in mind that so many children have nut allergies, it's not something I would personally bring.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
2,518 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What food do you take on your el cheapo Jetstar flight?

I agree Cassnu, I know someone who had to phone around all airlines before booking from Australia to the UK as her little boy has such a serious allergy to nuts he couldn't be around them! It was such a headache for her to find an airline which had a guaranteed no nuts policy.

We take food all the time onto domestic Thailand and Malaysia Air Asia flights. They do operate a no outside food policy, but we have never seen them confiscate anything.