We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help

Perth
Level Contributor
43 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
help

Hello, I am thinking about going to phuket next year, it will be my first time but i have no idea about anything. where do most people stay? we are in our low 20s if that helps. there so many hotels but i got no idea where they are and if there far from everything. also any other tips would be great =)

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: help

Patong is the main resort town but there are quite a few smaller resorts like Kata, Karon etc. A good start is to read the top questions on the right.

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: help

start researching!, look at a map first to get the lay-out, check the best time of year to go weather-wize

whether u want a queiet or lively holiday there the web will tell u everything

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help

Spend a few hours on mapjack.com...It's almost like being there....Not really but,It's a lot of fun....!!

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,973 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help

Yes, Mapjack is a great website Cocotang. When checking out our area, I caught my hubby sitting on our balcony reading his book (as usual) :-)

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: help

Isn't that what hubbys are for? Sounds about right to me LOL.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help

Being caught reading a book on thy balcony sounds very suspicious to me....LOL....Mmmmm...??

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,937 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help

I can't understand how they can read with their eyes closed, their good. CJ

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,904 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: help

Hahahaha Ringo, it does not matter when that satellite passes Kata, your not so better half will always be in the same position reading his book lol.

Cathy

Perth
Level Contributor
43 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: help

thank you, i did read alot on here and i think i know alot more now :)

10. Re: help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 05:19