We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Karon Beach -North or South

Port Stephens...
Level Contributor
412 posts
224 reviews
Save Topic
Karon Beach -North or South

Wanting to know peoples opions on best area along Karon Beach to stay? I believe the lively area or town centre is near the round-a-bout on the beach road is this correct? Are there plenty of facilities at the south end?

We, 2 adults, are looking for an area that has shops/bars/resturants nearby within walking distance from the hotel we chose to stay in.

Would you stay at the north/south or middle of Karon Beach & why?

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Karon Beach -North or South

You are correct in that the north end is the busiest and has the most stuff, but the very south end is a short walk into Kata beach area. Middle is no mans' land, but even there, there are quite a few restaurants, and even a market, along the road as you head north. We walked the entire length of Karon beach every day we were there, so if you like walking, it's no big deal wherever you stay. From memory, it was less than 25 minutes each way.

I'd stay at the nicest hotel offering the best deal with the facilities I prefer (duh !). Check out mapjack.com , it gives you a great look at what's around.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Karon Beach -North or South

As gocdaworld says it doesn't really matter which part of Karon Beach you stay as everything is within walking distance so chose the hotel that suits you better.

Port Stephens...
Level Contributor
412 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Karon Beach -North or South

Thanks guys - gocdaworld mapjack is great gives me a clearer picture of what is around this area. Carn't wait for them to expand their coverage area.

chrella, i have a hotel in mind so may just stick with it.

Thanks for your advise

Queensland
Level Contributor
483 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Karon Beach -North or South

You won't go wrong staying in Karon. We stay in the 'centre' part across the road from the beach. Close enough to walk to Karon Circle but with plenty of shops and restaurants along the way.

Enjoy.

Don't miss a meal at Red Onion, Restaurant with no name (next to Bamboo Pharmacy) and Ging (great food and service with the best Loo in Phuket)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
465 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Karon Beach -North or South

Hi,

In fact the far north end of Karon Beach is the quietest.

Read the description on North Karon by Pacific Club Resort ...

www.pacific-club-phuket.com/location.htm

Regards Jeff

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Karon Beach -North or South

Southern end of Karon, you can walk into Kata centre where there are many restaurants & shops. Karon is a good area which ever part you stay. Footpaths are paved & wide if you want to do the walk along the beach road beach side. Happy planning. CJ

Port Stephens...
Level Contributor
412 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Karon Beach -North or South

Great advise guys thanks.

Now which hotels do you chose to stay at?

8. Re: Karon Beach -North or South

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 20:28