We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat in Phuket

Brisbane, Australia
13 posts
Save Topic
Places to eat in Phuket

Will be staying at Graceland's in a few weeks, could anyone recommend some good places to eat at? preferably traditional Thai places and seafood restaurants.

Thanks !

Kaylie

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
704 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat in Phuket

You are spoilt for choice.

Legends Bar, out the back of Gracelands for quick snack & cold beers.

Nicki's handlebar, down Rath-U-Thit Rd from behind Gracelands towards Bangla.

No 9 Restaraunt, Pribarami Rd between Rath-U-Thit & Beach Rd.

Plenty of restaraunts on the beach beyond Loma Park area.

All the best

Rob

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,265 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat in Phuket

Patong seafood just south of Bangla road on the beach road. Last time I was there I had a whole BBQ'd Bass sitting in a lime, ginger, garlic, corriander, chilli and lemongrass noodle soup. It was a flavor assault on the senses. Every time we go to Phuket we save it for the last night and the memory is just enough to get me through until our next trip.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
21,804 posts
1,491 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to eat in Phuket

Comprehensive list here all ranked according to members reviews:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g293920-Phuket.h…

Tommo

Brisbane, Australia
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to eat in Phuket

Thanks for the recommendations rob, will definitely check them out

ha ha the senses assault sounds fantastic will have to check it out, don't know if I could eat a whole bass, but will try

Thanks

Kaylie

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to eat in Phuket

I second No 9! Outstanding cheap food about 5 minute walk from your hotel. We ate there about 4 times back in August and every meal was excellent. Great friendly service too!

Cocoa Nut also outstanding seafood restaurant. But actually, everywhere we ate was excellent except for one.

Spoilt for choice is an understatement!

South Africa
Level Contributor
41 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to eat in Phuket

Somewhere on this forum, someone mentioned a little place with Thai food right next to the Egyptian/Cairo restaurant on Ratuthit Rd. We tried it last week. You walk past Margaritas Pub (going in the Jungceylon direction) After about 250m you will see the Egyptian place on your right and next door is a small, clean and friendly place called ENJOY. The food was brilliant and so cheap - 60 - 80Bht. Watch out for the Mai-Tai cocktail sold there - it's lethal! LOL.

Both Number 9 and Number 6 are also a win for local food.

st clair nsw
Level Contributor
157 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to eat in Phuket

Thanks to this forum, i went to the sabai sabai, which is in an alley off beach rd, it was one the great recommendations that i recieved from TA and i highly recommend it.

Bangladesh
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to eat in Phuket

HI! I will also be going to phuket in mid November and i will be traveling with my husband and 6 yr old son. can you please suggest some good eat outs where all of us can enjoy the food. btw, we only eat halal (muslim) food.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
533 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Places to eat in Phuket

Pop out of Gracelands on Beach road, turn right and you'll find a little restaurant a short walk up on the corner at the roundabout, cool and casual, good food and great people. Around the corner are a bunch of other casual restaurants, worth a try. Cross Beach Road and head north, go up the hill and you'll discover a few higher end establishments here.

Yzerfontein, South...
Level Contributor
309 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Places to eat in Phuket

I can also suggest Sabai Sabai. It is on the beach road past Bangla rd and in Soi PostOffice. Good tasty Thai food. You will enjoy. We also did the local food on the street. Walk through the Juncelon and exit at the McDonalds. Cross the road and outside the fresh market there are food stalls. (only night time) Enjoyed a great Pad Thai for 40baht and mango smoothie for 30baht. What a bargain for supper. There are all different stalls, including sushi, chicken strips, and spare rib @ a fraction of the price in restaurants. Food is clean and fresh. We had many meals in the evening at these food stalls. We returned on 8 October 2010 and spend 3 weeks in Thailand. On all our previous trips we were hesitant to eat at these stalls, but enjoyed it and saved a lot of money!! Have a good trip.