We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Global Keratin hair straightening

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
532 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Global Keratin hair straightening

This relatively new treatment has been shown on TV here in Australia over the last 6 months and is approx $300 here. Has anyone seen it in any of the hairdressers in Phuket? If so do you know how much it is?

Thanks in advance!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Global Keratin hair straightening

hi,

please let me know if you find anywhere in thailand that does thos treatment or sells the products.

My girlfriend is a hairdresser and is very keen to buy some while we are in phuket

Sunshine Coast, Qld
Level Contributor
367 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Global Keratin hair straightening

I too have curly hair and took a straightening iron to Thailand just for nights out....what a waist of time that was! There is so much humidity that you are better off going with the curls.....I know with this new treatment that you need to keep your hair dry and perfectly straight for up to 4 days...doesn't sound like Thailand is a good place for that.....we were wet the whole time from swimming because it's so hot.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
532 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Global Keratin hair straightening

Good point!!!

I

Brisbane
Level Contributor
368 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Global Keratin hair straightening

Hi,

Did not see it there, I actually sell Global Keratin and Keratin Complex to professional salons so I probably would have spotted it. It is a great thing to have done and I have sold PLENTY of it recently and everyone of my salons have great success with their clients ,but after you have the service you can not get your hair wet, tie your hair up, get sweaty, put sunnies on top of your head or wash your hair for 3 days,so it would be really hard to obey any of these rules in 35 degree heat and the temptation of swimming.I would have it done a week before you go, you will love it while you are holidays,no fuss and it will look great with no styling

Kelli

5. Re: Global Keratin hair straightening

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2011, 18:17