We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JC Tours

Manila
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Topic
JC Tours

are they Good??

they are giving me the Phi Phi by SPeedboat day tour for only 1700 baht.

compared to Simba for 2500 baht.

plus, they will give FREE airport to hotel service!

is this too good to be true?

i don't want to scrimp then end up disappointed!!

Patong, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: JC Tours

Not heard of them but that is a reasonable deal. Simba tours is a major moneymaker...for Khun Simba! When I went I paid 1200 baht...but then the woman who does bookings for them is a good friend of mine :-) Gives you an idea of how much these people make eh!

Manila
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: JC Tours

^wow! that's a good price.

anyway, here's their website:

http://www.jctour-phuket.com/

i still can't decide. we're leaving on friday! :)

Patong, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: JC Tours

Looks fine to me. Same tour I went on...PhiPhi; Maya and Koh Kai. The airport-hotel transfer is worth about 500baht. It's still low season here so plenty of good deals about.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JC Tours

Phuketrex..

whatis teh going price on the ground at the moment for speedboat trips out to Phi Phi islands or some of the others?

Cheers

Chelle

Patong, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: JC Tours

I'll ask if I pass a tour counter later today but you have to remember ALL the agents load on top of the price for themselves so if you come across one having a bad time you can barter them down...and tour counters are as common as tailors and massage shops so you can try several.

If I were to go again what I would do would be ride over to Chalong Pier where most of the speedboats leave from and get there by 9am. You'll see all the boats lined up...they pretty much all do the same tour...and I would go along asking the operators if they had room and how much and do some bartering :-) Maybe not cost effective though if you don't have your own transport and you have to pay a taxi to get there. Rent a bike...only 200 baht a day and you have the freedom to explore Phuket and it will save you a lot of money on taxi/tuktuk fares.

phuket
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: JC Tours

Phuket Rex.

Geoff here from ,Simba Sea Trips.

I have sent you a pm, the forum should be for informed choices, telling the truth, you have not been on one of our tours for 1200 Bt since we have owned the business 3 years. And your friend is not our booking agent as we don’t have a booking agent!

Thank

Geoff.

Patong, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: JC Tours

Sorry, I didn't mean it to read that I'd been on one of YOUR trips. I meant that I'd been on a similar trip with another boat and paid 1200 baht.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
274 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JC Tours

hi, I would be interested in hearing from someone who has done the phi phi speedboat tour with jc tours. If it is any good it seems like a good price considering it includes airport transfers.

london
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: JC Tours

Hi,

Just wanting to find out if you actually managed to go on the JC tour? And if it was any good, if you did?

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
742 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: JC Tours

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I went to both Phi Phi and Phang Nga with JC Tours in December (paid 1700b each time). We had a fantastic time on both days.

The Phi Phi Island tour is on a speedboat with fewer people (perhaps 25?). Lunch is included on Phi Phi island. The tour guide's English is reasonably good.

The Phang Nga tour was also good, included a bit of canoeing around Hong Island. We had a buffet lunch on our boat. This time there were a lot more people, about 40-45 if I had to guess.

I've never been on a trip with Simba or Captain Mark, but I've heard only good things about both. Especially since the groups are much, much smaller on their trips. Given a second chance we would do JC Tours again though. We had free transfers included from our hotel, so we never used JC for this and I won't be able to comment in this regard.

Anybody who would like specific details of either tour is welcome to PM me.

Regards, Michelle.