We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 day trip

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
6 day trip

Hi All, I am looking to visit Phuket and was wondering what the best areas or hotels near beaches may be?, looking for advice on the best places to be around for tours etc - Thanks Lorraine

5 replies to this topic
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
8,052 posts
109 reviews
1. Re: 6 day trip

Maybe you check the

Top questions about Phuket

FAQ BEACHES & Areas

first. There are many nice areas with beaches. All are different. it depends on your preferences and the time you are going. There are small romantic quiet areas, party areas and a lot of choices in between.

Edited: 16 August 2018, 23:51
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,961 posts
2. Re: 6 day trip

Phuket has many different beaches and they vary from very busy ie Patong to quiet , and lots in between. Different people prefer different beach areas.

Choosing your beach depends how you want to spend your days and evenings , for example if you want somewhere quiet and relaxed or you want somewhere with lots of shopping restaurants bars / nightlife etc.

It does not make much difference regarding tours as the operators collect from most locations.

Perhaps read up on some of the most popular to get an idea of the differences , Patong , Karon , Kata , Kamala , Bangtao etc

Edited: 17 August 2018, 00:04
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
3. Re: 6 day trip

Hi. I would like to ask also about this. The area which is best to stay at. I would be staying for only for 4 nights in Phuket. I prefer to be on beach front resorts/hotels, not very crowded. But not far away from restaurants and bars or the town itself. Im not sure which town/area is nice for relaxed holiday.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,865 posts
117 reviews
4. Re: 6 day trip

Best for what? It would be good to explain what you mean by the term "best"!

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,961 posts
5. Re: 6 day trip

#3 - You need to read more about each beach area so see which one suits what you are looking for , Karon or Kata may suit but you need to look with care if you want beachfront / on the beach

Reply to: 6 day trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted