We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury on a budget not right in Patong but with easy access

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
290 posts
84 reviews
29 helpful votes
Luxury on a budget not right in Patong but with easy access

We have never been to Phuket and would love to stay somewhere that had the feel of luxury without the true 5 star price tag. I would like to stay somewhere that has a shuttle into Patong and all the bustle but was not located right in it. We will be taking out 12 year old and wondering if the beaches are nice to swim in i.e. are they warm like the south pacific islands?

Also we would like a week in Cambodia to visit Ankor Wat would it be best to go first and then finish in Phuket or Phuket then Cambodia? Does anyone know what airlines to use or logical travel itinerary?

Thanks in advance.

4 replies to this topic
Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,446 posts
51 reviews
25 helpful votes
1. Re: Luxury on a budget not right in Patong but with easy access

There is a direct Siem Rep- Phuket flight on Air asia,early morning... also plenty of flights via Bangkok

5 star resorts costs 5 star prices..Beaches are fine Aprl- Mid nov,.... other times can be a bit rough with currents,waves on the west coast

manchester
Level Contributor
453 posts
87 reviews
74 helpful votes
2. Re: Luxury on a budget not right in Patong but with easy access

Amari phuket sounds perfect. I personally wouldn't swim in any sea off phuket. Go to the smaller islands for clearer clean water

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
290 posts
84 reviews
29 helpful votes
3. Re: Luxury on a budget not right in Patong but with easy access

Thanks for the answers so are the beaches a bit like Bali, I would never swim there. I guess the resort pool should be a really nice one then. We are thinking of going in January.I s the weather nice then?

I'll check out the Amari thanks

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
22 reviews
30 helpful votes
4. Re: Luxury on a budget not right in Patong but with easy access

You won't get luxury on a budget. If you want 5 star it will be pricey.

Reply to: Luxury on a budget not right in Patong but with easy access
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted