We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So...when is everybody going to Pattaya? I'm excited

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
875 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
So...when is everybody going to Pattaya? I'm excited

Hi All

Who has got trips to Pattaya coming up? we go Feb 14th 2011 - our first time to thailand :-) I can face british winter so much better with Thailand to look forward to x

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
192 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So...when is everybody going to Pattaya? I'm excited

Hi Jools,

Just counting the days to our trip, 18 left to go and it will be a whole 15 days jetting away from nippy November with all the rainy trimmings.

It will be so nice to risk a tan rather than mildew.

Can't wait to get to the Amari Orchid, a nice hefty slice of comfort in peace and quiet yet close to the nightlife.

Where are you planning to stay?

Gulfport, MS
Level Contributor
729 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So...when is everybody going to Pattaya? I'm excited

Taking a side-trip down there from Bangkok in late Nov 2011. I figure I'll stay up all night without sleeping.

somerset
Level Contributor
472 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So...when is everybody going to Pattaya? I'm excited

Hi, i get there on the 27th this month for 4 weeks, this will be my 13 th visit. Cant wait to get some heat again and some of my fave Thai food. Hope you have a great time i know i will.

Andy

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
875 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: So...when is everybody going to Pattaya? I'm excited

We are staying at Nova Park Executive Apartments - they certainly look just the job.

Do you have to worry about ice in water etc much in Thailand? I went to Goa this year andanything that touched local water was a no no unless cooked, mind you I think I struggled to find anything that didn't give me the runs in Goa :-) I have been told and read that standards are much higher in Thailand and that they take lots of pride in cooking good cuisine there.

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
875 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: So...when is everybody going to Pattaya? I'm excited

Andy (and any one else who has a fave Thai dish), what cuisines/delicacies are an absolute must try in Pattaya?

Doncaster UK
Level Contributor
196 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: So...when is everybody going to Pattaya? I'm excited

Very boring but my favourite Thai meal is Red Prawn Curry, the hotter the better. I'll be having it quite a few times when we visit in November.

You'll have a great time in Thailand - IMO no comparison to Goa, I only visited Goa once, I have vistied Thailand regularly over the last 15 years . . . . best destination in the world.

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
875 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: So...when is everybody going to Pattaya? I'm excited

As much as I am glad I tried Goa and India, I don't know whether I would actually go back. There was something that made me nervous about going to Goa, I think I knew it would be quite extreme. I feel like Thailand is going to be right up my street, the right balance of history and culture with modern hustle and bustle thrown in.

England,Birmingham
Level Contributor
395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: So...when is everybody going to Pattaya? I'm excited

Hi Jools1979

Standards are high in thailand compared to india,

always drink bottle water,

i never have ice when i am out eating or in the bars and have never had a stomace problem in thailand,

Keep to the rules and you should have no problem.

I am sure you will have great time .

Regards

bazkashmir

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: So...when is everybody going to Pattaya? I'm excited

Hi Jools,

We are there for 5 days from November 28 to 3rd December after spending 2 nights in Bangkok. Can't wait I am counting doen the days 44 days to go till we are up up and away!!!!!!

Skouls

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
773 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: So...when is everybody going to Pattaya? I'm excited

I brush my teeth,and eat the ice,and have never been sick in Thailand,i've been here 11x in 2 years,and also goes for the food,never sick