We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Navigo app - is it OK?

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
78 reviews
Navigo app - is it OK?

hi all

Just wondering if anyone who has recently been on Samui has tried the Navigo app to get a taxi? And if so what is your feedback?

There have been a few posts on the forums recently but I've seen one say there are only 3 cars signed up but then someone else said there are 10.

So rightly or wrongly, my inner sceptic kicks in automatically - with the costs less than half of that as getting a regular taxi, seems like there would be some sort of catch?

I suppose it's worth a try when I'm there in a couple of weeks, but I'm just a bit wary.

40 replies to this topic
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,819 posts
386 reviews
1. Re: Navigo app - is it OK?

I nearly used it in Feb, and had thought I might use it when there next [get there in 10 days and there for a good 2 weeks]. I had heard they have only a good handful of cars. Speaking to chums that live on the island they have not used it.

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Navigo app - is it OK?

Is am in samui now and have used it many times it's an excellent service ...highly recommend

Level Contributor
9 posts
47 reviews
3. Re: Navigo app - is it OK?

Dear Ray L

Is the service paid by cash or card?

Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Navigo app - is it OK?

I've used it twice today and had no issues whatsoever! A lot easier & cheaper than a taxi. Cars are clean and air conditioned :)

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
78 reviews
5. Re: Navigo app - is it OK?

Thanks all, I think I shall give it a try!

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Navigo app - is it OK?

Cash...and I don't think you can book ahead

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,819 posts
386 reviews
7. Re: Navigo app - is it OK?

Ok, my feedback!

You have to log in via your Facebook account - really don't like that!

You can only book NOW, not prebook pay driver in cash

There only ever seem to be 4 drivers nearby, but cars are ok

Pricing is NOT clear - it gives a from and to price, plus it says ** subject to XX thb surcharge **, so not sure what I will be paying to the driver until you get to the destination.

You can leave instructions for the driver and send a photo . . . . .

I am not clear if the vehicles are 'insured' for hire and reward - so not sure what would happen if there was an accident - clamping down on unlicensed companies in Samui is this one?? Also not sure what would if there were more than 4 passengers.

I know a bit about the taxi and private hire industry!

Would I use it again?

Only if I was somewhere and needed to get back home and no taxis or songtheaws about!!

Edited: 09 June 2016, 12:41
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
30 posts
127 reviews
8. Re: Navigo app - is it OK?

The NaviGo app is easy to use but so far the most cars I have seen are 5. They are located near Chaweng Beach and on Friday night I could see all 5 of them. If you are in Chaweng it seems like it would be a good option. I would sure give it a try if a car is near you!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,819 posts
386 reviews
9. Re: Navigo app - is it OK?

Some bars and restaurants now offer 20% on the cost if use those the outlets code.

Port Ghalib, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,211 posts
26 reviews
10. Re: Navigo app - is it OK?

We use it all the time and never had issues. Nice cars, air con and good prices. Simple to use. Only negative is don't expect one in minutes if none available. Never in a rush. I just take a picture of myself. Will keep an eye out TM for the codes. I'm not tight but hey with today's exchange rate a few baht is a few baht.

Reply to: Navigo app - is it OK?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted