We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Intercontinental Samui

London, United...
10 posts
Save Topic
Intercontinental Samui

Has anyone stayed here recently? I believe they have gone through some refurbishment, hence the lack of recent reviews on tripadvisor.

Would love to hear some reviews on it!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,509 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Intercontinental Samui

Do you know the old name of the hotel?

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Intercontinental Samui

I think before it was the Baan Taling Ngam Resort

Edited: 14 February 2012, 18:55
London, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Intercontinental Samui

Intercontinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort

Ko Samui, Thailand
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Intercontinental Samui

Dear Akatags

Greetings from Intercontinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort!

Thank you for your enquiry on TripAdvisor and please allow us to assist you. We have launched our luxury resort on the 1st of February 2012 after undergoing a yearlong massive refurbishment from the previous resort Baan Taling Ngam Resort & Spa!

The resort is located on the Baan Taling Ngam coast, also known as the west coast or the “virgin coast” of Koh Samui, and features one of the best sunsets on the island.

The resort features seven swimming pools, 4 food and beverage outlets, 79 rooms, suites and villas including the beachfront pool villas

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with and we look forward to your visit.

Best regards

InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort Team

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Intercontinental Samui

Just went there for dinner and cocktails last night. Am not staying there as I owe a luxury beach house on Samui. But as I've been going to Samui every year for the past 7 years, I know the island pretty well, and I've been looking at many hotels. And this hotel is simply STUNNING! The view is incredible! It used to be the Mandarin Oriental. In terms of location, it's a bit far from Chaweng and airport! But personally I love that side of the island - less developed, more beautiful and preserved, and it is the west coast, so only side of the island where you can see the sun set! The hotel is on few different levels! So we had cocktails on the top level where the view is breathtaking and the temperature is lovely (bit of a breeze). Honestly, this is the BEST view I have ever seen on the island! Then we went for a meal at the beach restaurant! Great place as well! The food was delicious! The service was EXCELLENT and friendly (and I promise you, not always easy to find good service on the island). So we simply fell in love with that hotel. NB: quite expensive

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Intercontinental Samui

Just went there for dinner and cocktails last night. Am not staying there as I owe a luxury beach house on Samui. But as I've been going to Samui every year for the past 7 years, I know the island pretty well, and I've been looking at many hotels. And this hotel is simply STUNNING! The view is incredible! It used to be the Mandarin Oriental. In terms of location, it's a bit far from Chaweng and airport! But personally I love that side of the island - less developed, more beautiful and preserved, and it is the west coast, so only side of the island where you can see the sun set! The hotel is on few different levels! So we had cocktails on the top level where the view is breathtaking and the temperature is lovely (bit of a breeze). Honestly, this is the BEST view I have ever seen on the island! Then we went for a meal at the beach restaurant! Great place as well! The food was delicious! The service was EXCELLENT and friendly (and I promise you, not always easy to find good service on the island). So we simply fell in love with that hotel. NB: quite expensive

7. Re: Intercontinental Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2013, 16:16