We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calling all Brides - Samui Weddings

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Calling all Brides - Samui Weddings

hi there

i know there are a whole bunch of Samui brides to be on TA who I've met in various threads over the past few months... i just wanted to have one central place for everyone to post to give an update on what they ended up choosing to do for their big day in Samui this year! hopefully we can all share our plans and help future brides deciding to wed on the island.

We are now only 6 weeks off our wedding at a private villa called The Cove with Signature Weddings and I can hardly wait. The team at both Samui Villas and Homes and Signature Weddings are just wonderful, and they provide the most bespoke service i could find out of any other company. For what we wanted, the price worked out cheaper with Signature than with Faraway (although Faraway were also a great option) and they also let us supply our own alcohol with no corkage etc. Certainly helps bring the price down.

Apple & Yim respond quickly, and nothing is too much trouble - even if it's an impossible request they'll try and find you a solution!

We're staying at The Cove for 5 glorious nights and hosting both ceremony and reception on site. It's going to be stunning.

So - fill me in on your plans B2Bs! or if anyone is undecided, hit me up with any questions and i can share what i've learnt along the way

- kazzahorse

Airlie Beach...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Calling all Brides - Samui Weddings

Hi, im interested in having my wedding on Koh Samui in April next year but seeing as im not the only one im interested to know how soon should I book a venue? Im travelling there in october this year to have a look and im not keen on booking untill i have seen it altho now ive seen all these posts im a little anxious as im figuring everything will already be booked out. I was going to just book through the Anantara but have recently been looking at the private villas. Not real sure where I should be at with this, if anyone can please help me it would be much appreciated!!

rebecca.linfield@hotmail.com

Many thanks!!

42. Re: Calling all Brides - Samui Weddings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 July 2011, 21:35
Dubai, United Arab...
3 posts
Save Reply
43. Re: Calling all Brides - Samui Weddings

I have a question: as we are organizing our wedding in Koh Samui as well and as we are just in the begin stages of exploration, I have met one big hurdle which is that it doesn't seem possible to have a proper party with a few hours of dancing at any of the resorts. I understand this might be different for villa's?

We will get about 100 guests over from all over the world and really want to make sure they as well will have an amazing night and don't have to leave the party by 11 PM.

I have sent signature weddings an email to ask them about this, I was well impressed with their options.

Hope you girls can help me out with this one! Carolien

Sydney
Level Contributor
119 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Calling all Brides - Samui Weddings

I was recently married at the luxurious Banyan Tree Samui so please read my review under the Banyan Tree Samui regarding our heavenly experience staying there and also our stunning wedding. PERFECTION!

In this thread though I would like to focus more on our professional, yet warm and friendly celebrant – Mr PM Carter. I could not recommend him highly enough. Thankfully my search for the perfect celebrant was not a difficult one as The Banyan Tree Samui organised this for us as part of our “wedding package”. Like all Banyan services, they provide only the best. Our Celebrant Mr Carter was no exception. We were first introduced via March, our amazing events manager at the Banyan. Our following email correspondence was always very thorough and efficient and there were no delays. Mr Carter (or Carter as he likes to be referred to as) was very flexible with the content of our wedding program and Vows etc however at the same time he made very good suggestions and recommendations as to the order of the ceremony and from his experience how the ceremony would best flow.

We first met Carter in person at the Banyan Tree Samui the day before the wedding and we went through in detail the ceremony, order of events, completed any necessary paperwork and even down to the style and colour theme of the wedding so Carter could co-ordinate is attire and accessories (ceremony notes/booklet etc) with our wedding. After chatting with him during our preliminary meeting we had felt like we had known him a lot longer. He is very warm and friendly, always smiling yet has a very professional manner and attitude toward his responsibilities. Although our wedding was the most special day of our life we also wanted it to be relaxed and full of joy. Carter brings the correct balance of both to his profession.

We also received wonderful feedback from our guests and family who found Carter to be very sociable and friendly and he interacted very well with all guests whilst still showing respect to us and our wedding guests by providing the right amount of privacy.

We were hoping that he could join us at our cocktail reception so we could have a toast to thank him however he had to leave. He did however stay for an hour after the ceremony but we were having our professional photos taken we didn’t have much time to chat to him. He was however mingling with all guests . It was very nice of him to do that and not just disappear like I have seen some do.

Although this is my first (and only wedding!) I can say that I have been to many many weddings and the celebrant/priest can impact on the whole ambience/mood of you, your guests and the whole wedding ceremony. For this reason it is very important I feel to have the right celebrant/priest. I highly recommend Carter. I believe his website is www.samuibeachwedddings.com however as I mentioned earlier – the Banyan Tree made my arrangements so I cannot make any further comments about contacting Carter except I have seen this website address above on some his correspondence to us.

Good luck to all you upcoming brides and if you decide to get married in Samui and want the perfect wedding in the perfect setting with 6 star luxury and service then don’t look further than the Banyan Tree and Carter as your celebrant!

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Calling all Brides - Samui Weddings

I have not put any posts on this thread for a while and we are yet to actually get married - all planned for next Feb and I can't wait!

We started planning at the beginning of this year and read lots of reviews and scanned loads of websites. In Feb we were concerned that we would struggle to get our date (feb is a popular month) after a good email exchange with Faraway I paid a deposit to reserve a date at their villa. In May we were lucky enough to go back to Samui to do a recky. This completely changed our plans. We were blown away with samui villas and homes and Signature weddings. Yim and Tina were fantastic giving us a tour of the island and their villas. When we arrived at each of the villas we were greeted with a beautiful welcome drink and they went out of their way to be hospitable and to answer all our questions.

We also went to see faraway and went to the Banyan tree. The banyan tree was stunning and would be perfect for a small wedding but as we are having a mixed group of guests we felt were a bit inflexible. We also realises that faraway package was not for us and their bespoke service would be a similar price to signature.

On our return we booked signature and the beautiful Bann Killee villa for our wedding - potentially a little more expensive and we've lost our faraway deposit, but I am adamant it will be worth it and just can't wait!!!

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
46. Re: Calling all Brides - Samui Weddings

Hi there

I am looking to get married in Feb/March 2012. I have a picture of getting married with the ocean & mountains in the background surrounded by trees (not actually standing on the sand)

It will be very small with only about 15 people attending

I quite like the idea of the ceremony followed by a gorgeous lunch

Has anyone been married at the Six Senses Samui?

Can the hotel staff be relied upon to organise the wedding or would a wedding planner be recommended

Any feedback would be much appreciated

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
47. Re: Calling all Brides - Samui Weddings

I'm also in the very initial stage of short-listing which hotel to hold my wedding in April. So far, I have shortlisted W Hotel, Six Senses and Four Seasons (in order of preference).

I prefer W Hotel because the villas look really good but I haven't received any response from them after 1 week (bad sign?).

Six Senses has alot of information on the website, so it appears that they have alot of experience (good sign?).

Four Seasons responded quite promptly with information but the hotel look the most dated of the whole three. Plus, they expects all the guests to stay in the hotel, which I am not sure every guest will be comfortable considering Four Seasons is not exactly what you call a budget accommodation.

A few questions:

- Anyone has held their wedding with any of the three? If yes, please share your experience and how you derive to your decided hotel?

- Did your guest all stay in the same hotel?

- Did you fly in to the resort to sort out all the logistics or you relied entirely on email communications?

Ko Samui, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Calling all Brides - Samui Weddings

FS isn't dated. Most dated would be Six Senses but not scruffy at all - just older and more Eco. Both of these are fairly remote so if you wanted guests with lower budgets nearby W is most suitable as it is handy for other hotels of pretty much any price. It is super trendy and cool - not very Thailand IMHO.

Edited: 13 September 2011, 03:37
uk
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Calling all Brides - Samui Weddings

We had our wedding booked at The Cove Koh Samui for April 2012... We've been told by our planners that this has now been sold and the new owners won't honour our booking... So its back to the drawing board for us...

We are so gutted about The Cove as we loved the thought of having all our friends and family around us in our own space, but a lot of villas that we liked are now booked up for our dates... We only have about 18 guests, so it is only a small wedding...

And to be honest, we're in that dilema again of villa vs hotel!!!! Stressful... Oh yes!!!

Has anybody heard of The Headland? Or know anybody getting married at The W retreat?? Decisions decisions!!

Usak, Turkey
5 posts
Save Reply
50. Re: Calling all Brides - Samui Weddings

PLease research all your options - our chosen company have given us nothing but heartache.