We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon at Cheong Mon beach, Koh Samui

Melbourne
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon at Cheong Mon beach, Koh Samui

We would like to stay at a beachfront location along Choeng Mon beach for our honeymoon as we have heard that it is one of the nicest beaches on Koh Samui. Any suggestions on a 4-5 star boutique style resort? We understand that it is quieter than Chaweng, but is the Choeng Mon area walking distance to any restaurants, markets, etc? Thanks for your time!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,925 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon at Cheong Mon beach, Koh Samui

HI

Check out the ‘hotels in . . .’ in the left hand panel of this page, FAQs / top questions about . . . in the right hand panel of this page, and then finally read JBR / trip reports or search and read some of the questions already posted in this forum about hotels

See what appeals to you, your time schedule and your budgets.

It’s your honeymoon after all. Your idea of heaven might be my idea of hell!

But of hotels in the area, look at a website like http://www.sawadee.com/map/samui.htm which has a great interactive map that you can zoom in and out of.

Battambang, Cambodia
Level Contributor
208 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon at Cheong Mon beach, Koh Samui

can only be sala samui, great honeymoon hotel with own pools if you want, on the beach and great location.

and i have heard that the bar at the entrance to the hotel gives a free shot to all honeymooners!!!!! not sure the name think something like jons or just something,, :-))))

you will love it.

justjonnos

Melbourne
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon at Cheong Mon beach, Koh Samui

I agree - Sala Samui, it's the only hotel I've stayed in but it was perfect. Gorgeous pools, delicious happy hour and food, relaxing but close enough to Chaweng if you wanted to go out. A big selling point for us was that the pool villas were completely private ;). Service was really good but not obtrusive.

Leicester
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon at Cheong Mon beach, Koh Samui

I've just got back from a week at the Imperial Boat House. I'd recommend this if your budget can't stretch to the Sala Samui as it is considerably cheaper.

The beach at Cheong Mon is goergeous - its lovely and quiet and at night the beach is extremely quiet for eating on the many restaurants, or walking up and down. There's also a few restaurants on the main road.

Sights such as Chaweng and Big Budda etc are only 5 minutes away, but via taxi or shuttle etc.

melbourne
Level Contributor
66 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon at Cheong Mon beach, Koh Samui

Forgot to add that we got a really good deal through asia rooms.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
145 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon at Cheong Mon beach, Koh Samui

Check out Horizon Villas. They are only 2mins walk from the beach. They have a fully private pool just like Sala Samui but 1/3 of the price tag!!!

Being on your honeymoon and being on the beach with all the other tourists can be daunting, so the villa is perfect , as it is completely private. Paul whi looks after the villas and his Thai girlfriend can organise anything for you....

Battambang, Cambodia
Level Contributor
208 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon at Cheong Mon beach, Koh Samui

check this site, good info for the area

http://www.chaweng.com/choengmon.html

8. Re: Honeymoon at Cheong Mon beach, Koh Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2010, 18:17