We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best 5-star hotel with child-friendly beach

Oslo
3 posts
Save Topic
Best 5-star hotel with child-friendly beach

We have booked flights to Koh Samui the last two weeks of May 2010. We are a couple with a three-year old son. We would like to stay in a 5 star hotel/resort, but at the same time have a nice beach for our son to play on. We have done some research, but can't seem to find a hotel which meets all our requirements; high standard, child-friendly and a nice, sandy beach.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best 5-star hotel with child-friendly beach

It is quite tough in Samui to get everything in one place - there is usually a compromise. Child friendly is pretty much a given as Thai folk dote over kids (bizarre to me!). What other guests may think however.......

Five star covers a wide range here but close to the true sense then you should look at the Four Seasons and the Napasai. Both have their own good beaches and both are pretty. Both are fairly remote from anything.

Sala Samui has to be worth a look too but the rooms may not suit and it might be a bit adult. A new resort Muang Samui Villas and Suites (not Spa) on Choeng Mon could be worth a punt - it also has the benefit of accessing lots of places along the gorgeous beach to eat so if the restaurant isn't exactly to your liking you have a lot of choice.

Oslo
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best 5-star hotel with child-friendly beach

Thanks for input, Four Seasons is a little too up there for us, but I will certainly check out The Napasai. Anyone with experience with the quite new Langham and children?

Ko Samui, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best 5-star hotel with child-friendly beach

The Langham hasn't got a decent beach.........? It is tidal which at times means almost no beach at all hence the deck. The remainder of space round the pool and resort is very limited too and I would not feel it to a good place for a child. If you are thinking this type of resort then look back at Sala Samui has much better space and beach. Tongsai Bay could also be worth a look.

Edited: 24 March 2010, 21:07
Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best 5-star hotel with child-friendly beach

Centara Grand? Very popular with families..

Sydney
Level Contributor
112 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best 5-star hotel with child-friendly beach

Anantara Lawana- perfect

London
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best 5-star hotel with child-friendly beach

Hi, me and my partner and looking to go to Koh Samui, Koh Sumet, Chiang Mai, Koh Tao and Phuket on the 20th April for 2 weeks. Is this the right time to go? I hear so many different stories about weather being too hot or lots of rain...

We are looking to go somewhere where there are beautiful white sandy beaches, with the clear water and great weather (fans of hot countries!).

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Ama

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best 5-star hotel with child-friendly beach

April is fine, just normally very very hot...

Oslo
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best 5-star hotel with child-friendly beach

Hi again,

We are still considering several options, Centara Grand, Bo Phut Resort and Spa, Anantara.. However, another hotel caught our attention, The New Star Beach Resort. The beach seems nice, the rooms ok, maybe not the most exclusive but new. They also have a villa with a plunge pool which is nice since we are going in May and it is very hot.

Anybody have any experiences regarding these last hotels?

9. Re: Best 5-star hotel with child-friendly beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2010, 14:17