We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wheelchair friendly hotel

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
232 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Wheelchair friendly hotel

When looking for options for a wheelchair friendly hotel in Samui I really struggled. The only option that ever seemed to come up was Centara Grand but wasn’t really what we were looking for. So wanted to share my experience of what I found.

I do a lot of work in Samui and asked many contacts here, which couldn’t really come up with many options either.

I then came across X2 remembering that it was pretty flat. I literally cannot recommend this place enough for being perfectly wheelchair friendly. Before arriving I checked with them what steps they had in which places which were very few.

Upon arrival they had created a ramp for us from the walkway into the room. There was a ramp down to the main pool area and also a ramp to the toilets. They also made a ramp for us into the restaurant as well which meant that were were literally no steps at all to get around the whole resort.

There are a couple at the reception area, but there is a way around behind the spa which means you don’t need to go through reception to get to the car park.

Even in the room it is perfect for wheelchairs. There are 2 tiny steps into the room which it is possible to pull the wheelchair up into. Once inside the room, it is so spacious you can get fully around the bed, into the shower, to the toilet no problem at all in the chair.

The pool was also really great for using as part of physio. There are steps down into it but they are the kind you can sit on your bum and move into easily enough.

I am so pleased I thought of X2 as it really has been amazing and all of the staff are so wonderful.

Anyone who is looking for somewhere that is wheelchair friendly can look no further.

Mentioned in this post
Samui Beach Resort
Samui Beach Resort
462 Reviews
Lamai Beach, Thailand
Code
Code
#1 of 30 hotels in Mae Nam
The Tongsai Bay
The Tongsai Bay
#4 of 184 hotels in Bophut
4 replies to this topic
Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,654 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wheelchair friendly hotel

Thanks for posting, I am sure this info will be very helpful to others in the same situation.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,506 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wheelchair friendly hotel

Thank you, useful post.

X2 is on the southern eastern coast of Samui, so not a central location for those who might want things to go to at night. For those looking for a quiet area, its ideal!

Mentioned in this post
Samui Beach Resort
Samui Beach Resort
462 Reviews
Lamai Beach, Thailand
T W
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wheelchair friendly hotel

Many thanks for sharing. Very useful!

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
2,124 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wheelchair friendly hotel

You could also post it on the Travelling with Disabilities Forum.

Reply to: Wheelchair friendly hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted