We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainy day activities

New England
Level Contributor
861 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Rainy day activities

I'll be arriving at Koh Samui in a couple of days, and staying at southern Chaweng for three nights. Rain is in the weather forecast all the way through, and will turn sunny after I depart 😢. Looks like my luck will run out for this last leg of my three week trip. Would appreciate activity suggestions. Can think of a few long massages, and don't like to hang around bars.

5 replies to this topic
Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,364 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainy day activities

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g29…

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g18…

Posts above are from the Samui forum from the last week or so. This weather is pretty much the norm for this time of year on the east coast as it is the rainy season, hopefully you've had some sun for the rest of your holidays.

Level Contributor
410 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainy day activities

Yes, read the recent links above, it's really hard to predict what it will do and it can vary on different parts of the island.

Today I drove half way around the island (north end to Lamai,) it varied from no rain to light drizzle...

Last week we had two days of non stop rain, then it cleared up and was quite pleasant. You will find though the beaches won't be too inviting, with the higher tides at this time of year.

I was actually surprised how many Safari trucks there were out today touring around... I am not sure that would have been my first choice of things to do...but at least they saw more of the island than sitting in a hotel room!!!

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainy day activities

Just for the record: it stopped raining two days ago and it actually has been quite sunny today.

The weather forecast on your Iphone or by global sites like weather.com is generated by a computer 10,000 miles away and forecasts rain for Samui almost every day throuhout the year. According to the local weather forecast, rain probability is 20% - 30%.

Level Contributor
410 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rainy day activities

Yep, it's been more rain less days so far this month that wet ones, the same in November...

According to forecasts next week may not be so bad either... Just it's not great beach weather with the higher tides at his time of year...

Nathon had a lovely sunset this evening.

Level Contributor
410 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rainy day activities

Where's the rain?!!!

Well, for the rainy season, there has not been a lot of rain, in fact its been glorious sunny days and very clam seas at least on north and west coasts, that I have seen, for over a week and looks like more nice days to come... well into next week...

Reply to: Rainy day activities
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted