We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aeon ATM Update

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
14 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Aeon ATM Update

Yesterday I used the Aeon atm on the second floor of the Electronics Plaza (Siam TV?). I withdrew 9,000baht with NO 150 baht service fee. Also I checked online with my bank and the exchange rate was very good @ 30.20 baht to the US dollar. Compared to the quote from Siam City Bank of 29.05 baht per dollar for a cash advance, which I declined, I'm glad I used the Aeon atm. BTW I happily returned the extra money & more to the Thai economy at the Sunday night walking market!

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
292 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aeon ATM Update

Thanks for the update, that's great information to have for visitors :)

Many thanks

Penarth, United...
Level Contributor
1,319 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aeon ATM Update

There aren't very many Aeon ATMs around but I know of 3 others - one at Airport Plaza Shopping Mall (3rd floor I think) and also at Tesco Lotus, the large stores (one near the airport and one on the super highway).

Maleny, Australia
Level Contributor
922 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aeon ATM Update

wand3r3r, thanks for that.

You say the atm is at the Electronics Plaza, is that Pantip Plaza? Or is there an plaza called Electronics, if so can you, or some other kind person, please tell where it is located?

Thanks very much to you and Mizz Traveller.

Kevin

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
5,277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Aeon ATM Update

There are a number of AEON atms scattered around Chiang Mai. They can be found in Central Airport Mall, at the Big C, Carrefour and Tesco box stores and Siam TV.

KevinRL - Siam TV is not the same as Pantip, Siam TV is an appliance and home electronics shop located on the south side of the moat near Suan Prung Gate.

Maleny, Australia
Level Contributor
922 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aeon ATM Update

Thanks MrCycling for your info.

Kevin

California
Level Contributor
14 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aeon ATM Update

Sorry i'm late with a response - I'm in Koh Phangan now & everything runs a lot slower here. I went looking for the aeon atm at siam tv on Chang Lor Road but could not find it. So I decided to pop into an electronics store - the sign over the entryway was in english and read "Electronics Plaza". Luckily this was the place on the 2nd floor. The store is located between the psychiatric hospital on one side & the Chinese consulate on the other. Hope this helps.

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
5,277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Aeon ATM Update

wand3r3r - That was Siam TV you went into. When they were in the old city, their signs were Siam TV, when they moved to their new big shop on Chang Lo Rd, the signage became Electronic Plaza. Folks who have been here a while still refer to it as Siam TV (since that is the business name), but you have to look carefully on their signs to see the old name (it is still there, but just on the little signs in the corner of the building).

Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aeon ATM Update

Just found the ATM at Siam TV, still working without the 150B fee. It's the only near to the moat and it isn't in their website. Here's the streetview link: https://maps.gstatic.com/m/streetview/…

Fullerton...
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aeon ATM Update

Took a nice bike ride around the moat. Found the ATM as described and re-filled my wallet. Bought a flat-screen TV to celebrate. Thanks for the tip!

London, United...
Level Contributor
372 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aeon ATM Update

Some reports stated that aeon would start charging the 150 baht from January 1st..

Has this happened?