We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay on my gf birthday in Chang mai

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay on my gf birthday in Chang mai

Hi,

Me and my gf are travelling Thailand for 4 weeks and will be in Chang mai for her birthday in jan. Please does anyone have any recommendations on where to stay.. I'm after somewhere nice for a couple of nights.. All responses will be appreciated. Thank you..

Also, we are planning on doing one of the elephant nature parks, but also any advice on places that are a must visit, please say..

Thanks for your time ;-)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay on my gf birthday in Chang mai

Hi Clarky if you are looking for a romantic setting - The Baan Orapin is my recommendation its a little out of town but thats part of its charm. Beautiful sitting room Four poster bed with Mosquito netting. Every night we would sit on our little porch our wonderful hosts would have lit the mosquito coils & since we got back we have used the same thing every night to remind us of Chiang Mai Juniior suite at the back is a couple of steps to the pool & spa Breakfast on the patio She will love it If you want an amazing day have a look at Pauls Tuk tuk tours Great fun & Paul will help you plan elephant visit or anything else

Have a Fabulous trip

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
111 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay on my gf birthday in Chang mai

We have just returned from Thailand. We stayed at Baan Klang Wiang and could not fault it. It is like an oasis when you enter. They provide breakfast but no other meals so you would have to look around for dinner, but for comfort and atmosphere at $69 AUD per night it was divine!

Greater London...
Level Contributor
50 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay on my gf birthday in Chang mai

if you really want to impress - go to the Chedi Chang Mai

It stands out - pure class!

Queensland
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay on my gf birthday in Chang mai

Friends of mine have just come back from Ping Nakara and said it was fantastic. Great service, pool, meals. Not far from the night market but very peaceful inside. Looks amazing.

We stayed at Baan Orapin and loved that as well so it depends on what you are looking for. If I was after something special then Ping Nakara would be my choice.

Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay on my gf birthday in Chang mai

Little bird guesthouse... Backpackers madness!!!!!

London, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay on my gf birthday in Chang mai

Nice one. Thanks for help guys.. Il be sure to check them all out. Appreciate it..

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,867 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay on my gf birthday in Chang mai

One more place to check out - very lovely, a little on the expensive side but very nice... Sirilanna Boutique Hotel - central in the old part of the city - beautiful furnishings. Great service.

Wherever you choose to stay in January, better book it soon as these places get booked up pretty fast, going into high season...

Chiang Mai, Thailand
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay on my gf birthday in Chang mai

There are hundreds of places to stay in Chiang Mai. Many of them are shown on this map so you may give it a try… http://www.chiangmaiplaces.com/map

Actually I would pick some places from suggestions in these posts and try to locate them on the map ^^

Enjoy your stay in Chiang Mai !

Chiang Mai
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay on my gf birthday in Chang mai

For river views and central location stay at The Chedi

10. Re: Where to stay on my gf birthday in Chang mai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 09:18