We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chiang-Mai condo for 3-6 months

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Chiang-Mai condo for 3-6 months

Hi there helpful form members!

My husband & I have moved to Chiang-Mai and are officially on the hunt for a condo for 6 months. We are looking in the price range of 4000-8000 baht ideally, and would love a small kitchen and small balcony if possible. But basically just a bed for us, somewhere to sit after a hard day teaching Kindergarten kids and a bathroom would suffice (not a shoebox!). internet in the building is desirable.

We've been walking the streets surrounding the moat (old city) checking back alleys and soi's for a few days and need some better direction. I am hoping someone can shed some light of a good soi or building to check out!

Thanks in advance!

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,630 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chiang-Mai condo for 3-6 months

Hi,

It might be worth going through a local company rather than just wandering the old city. A lot of the decent places are a bit further out. I'll PM you a name that might help your search.

Cheers

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Chiang-Mai condo for 3-6 months

Try D-Town Condo in Tung Hoten Road near the Railway Station.... It isn't advertised anywhere I have seen, but I rented a decent condo there earlier this year. You can just walk into reception and ask if they have any free condo's (that's what I did). The condo's are decent sized esp the one's with a balcony. There's parking, a decent sized pool,, laundry room, wifi (300b/month) etc etc. The area is reasonably quiet. It should be within your budget.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
521 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Chiang-Mai condo for 3-6 months

This may be along the lines of what you are looking for:

…thaivisa.com/real-estate/apartments-to-rent…

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chiang-Mai condo for 3-6 months

Thanks everyone for your help! I just got a job teaching at Nakornpayap International School in the north so I am ideally looking for something around this area, preferably in the Chang Phuak area. Ive checked those links, thanks to those who posted so quickly... unfortunately most are on the other side of town or out of our price range.

I've been emailing real estate agents, online condo buildings and more but not getting any responses. Anyone got any buildings or streets they can recommend? my weekend will involve locking something down hopefully!

thanks!

5. Re: Chiang-Mai condo for 3-6 months

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 18:35
6. Re: Chiang-Mai condo for 3-6 months

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 18:05
Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province
Level Contributor
5,446 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Chiang-Mai condo for 3-6 months

You might check at Chang Puek Residence, just east of the Chang Puek Bus Station and across from the municipal stadium. Their apartments are within your budget.... But like most Thai rentals, they are devoid of a proper kitchen. There are quite a few apartments in the neighborhood area north of there.

8. Re: Chiang-Mai condo for 3-6 months

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 12:35
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Chiang-Mai condo for 3-6 months

Try walk around a little bit. There is an explosion of new Condominiums and many of them are on internet only in Thai. Also a very good area to stay is near Kaed Suan Kaew.

10. Re: Chiang-Mai condo for 3-6 months

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 01:19